Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should players be able to post on both side's threads?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generals - there is to be no posting on, or reading of, the other side's threads.

This is on the honor system, although there is a method which could potentially be utilized that would 'catch someone in the act' (but not after the fact); the staff and myself will not be going to the trouble, however, as I'm certain that none of you would be doing this. (It wouldn't make sense to be posting about it if it was indeed 'being sneaky')...

The suggestion above is a good one, however - I will start a thread for both sides to participate in, where you may indeed engage in propaganda, attempting to glean your enemy's plans whilst spreading disinformation about your own.
    Last edited by Mantis; 02 May 07, 17:28.
    "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

One word: NO.

Comment

At this point, NO!

I would go as far as to block all 'spying' activities, by booting out anybody playing both sides, or worse, giving info to other players of the spying side via pm's ect...

Nothing drastic, just a honor kind of thing, like in the boardgame days, when one could easily cheat and lift that stack to see exectly what you were taking on, while you friend was getting a drink, ect... I always resisted, but I caught a lifelong AH game buddy, once when we were playing 'Panzergenral on the pc', we had a rule that the monitor was turned facing a corner, and when one was playing nobody else in the game would come to see anything.

But, as it was my home, I once accidentally saw his screen, normally I would have erased what I saw, as there were so many units in the scenario, but I noticed he had taken the 'hide opponents units' option off!!! Meaning he could see MY COMMAND UNIT SCREEN ! It totally killed the game we had been playing for 12 hours, and put a doubt onto almost ten years of 'Von Manstein on the Southern steppes of Russia" And "Squad Leader"... A grand bummer.

So, NO!
        "SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM" - " If you want peace, prepare for war".

If acted upon in time, ww2 could have been stopped without a single bullet being fired. - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

The integrity of Mantis' construct should be respected. Post only to one or the other, not both the Axis and Allied forums.
          Principles and rules are intended to provide a thinking man with a frame of reference. - Karl von Clauswitz, Vom Kriege, 1832.
          "Quality posts have a Quantity of value all their own." PH

Comment

Bad news Prussian Havoc, looks like Mantis has moved on and this won't be finished up now.
            And it's over the mountain and over the Main,
            Through Gibralter, to France and Spain.
            Pit a feather tae your bonnet, and a kilt aboon your knee,
            Enlist my bonnie laddie and come awa with me.

Comment

anything concrete tank boy ?if so then what?
              hip

Comment

From our thread when I said something the effect of "Lies! Nothing but filthy, german, lies!"

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...72&postcount=8
                And it's over the mountain and over the Main,
                Through Gibralter, to France and Spain.
                Pit a feather tae your bonnet, and a kilt aboon your knee,
                Enlist my bonnie laddie and come awa with me.

Comment

I was so looking forward to touring through Rome, Paris, and then Berlin courtesy of the US government!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X