Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddam in Amublance?

Hello,

Recently I just heard on the Fox News and CNN that Saddam himself was in the amublance in aftermath of 3/19 decapitation attacks.

Naturally, the one must wonder whether he was a double or the real deal?

I would like to hear some comments on this one.

What about me? Unfortunately, I don't really trust the US intelligence capabilities, in the past, they've proven to be so amatuerish and prone to screw-ups especially during the Clinton Administration. Therefore, I believe it's more likely to be a double of Saddam.

Even so, I still question the authenaticity of the videotape of Saddam and his son, Quasay, in a meeting with their senior military commanders. Another videotape was made shortly after the 3/19 attacks, Saddam giving a sort of pep talk and statement letting everybody know that he is still alive and well. I question this as well.

If Saddam was indeed injured or dead, then who is in control? You'd think if Saddam was taken out or at least injured, the Iraqi senior officials would jump at the chance of surrendering peacefully.

So far, we've only heard of the surrender talks on local levels, nothing more or less.

Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

The leadership in Iraq right now appears to be awfully confused. That Saddam would be taken away in an ambulance doesn't surprise me in the least.
    Whoever would take over after Saddam is incapacitated would be in a bind as to what to do. These people have been under Saddam's thumb so long, they have no independent thought processes any more. Also the Special Republican Guard may still profess loyalty to Saddam, so anybody taking over would have to tread carefully indeed if he doesn't want to end up in the guerney next to Saddam.
    Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Saddam is an old man. He's just a year younger than my grandmother so I can imagine even a minor injury causing serious complications. The intelligence had to be very good, I would hope, to convince the Bush Administration to basically shred the original battle plan.

Even if Saddam and his sons were not killed, I'm certain they trust the men around them even less than before. That doesn't have to be a result of the decapitation attack. When a government is in Iraq's situation, people can become real selfish and ambitious.

A military commander tries to give his enemy more problems than he can solve within a given time frame, while always solving problems himself. You create chaos throughout your enemy's echelons while maintaining a level of cohesion within your own. That's why we are trying to do here. In this case, we want the enemy leadership to recieve, but not send. And that might be having an effect on the Iraqi command structure.

Yet, I would not count out the Iraqis. If they have decided to fight us in the cities, communications is not necessary right now. Maybe the Iraqis are using somekind of courier system that proved quite successful for the RGFC in 1991. We just don't know. As we proceed North, encountering little enemy contact of any form, I get a bad feeling. Just because the Iraqis are not resisting now doesn't mean they have collapsed as an effective fighting force.

We will not know just what kind of an effect all our operations are having on the Iraqis until we get closer to Baghdad. I feel we'll breakthrough the first couple rings, manned by the regular Army easy. The true test will come when we confront the Iraqi RGFC. How they respond to first contact will provide us with a more clear ideal of who is in control, if anyone.
      "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

This regime's leadership is a tribal one, built not by carefully selecting the best and the brightest people of Iraq, but by selecting only members of Hussein's family.

It's notorious that some very important positions in the Iraqi government and military are hold by incompetent Hussein's family members. They often have not much education but because of their loyalty and ruthlessness, they have been named there.

Such an apparatus is inherently weak and can't stand a solid military attack from outside.

This is why I believe that if Hussein got injured and is not 100% in control of what's happening, the regime will crumble very fast, especially if this becomes known publically in Iraq.

Comment

He seemewd okay in his television address. WHich did actually cite the time of the US attack so shoulkd really be considered genuine. That is unless he made hundreds of such tapes, which is unlikely.

Comment

Good points Tzar. I would also think that an injury to Saddam with that kind of close family infrastructure would have greater impact than in a more Western organization. I would not be too cool if my dad was seriously injured or killed. Then again, Saddam's family is anything but sane.

He seemewd okay in his television address. WHich did actually cite the time of the US attack so shoulkd really be considered genuine. That is unless he made hundreds of such tapes, which is unlikely.
            He looked very pale and swollen to me. It could have been the lighting and the lack of preparation before going on television.
            "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Saddam ( if it was really Him ) looked a man worried alright, more worried than even Tony Blair!
              On the other hand George is taking it all in his stride!
              http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Just how did he cite the exact time again?

He did look like he was standing at deaths door.

Even if he wasn't injured, we can take pride in knowing that we increased his laundy bill

The Iraqi leadership is in a downspiral and will continue to be until someone with enough sense in Baghdad can put an end to this.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X