Can someone offer a suggestion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone offer a suggestion?

I have about 200 CDs I've burned over the ages... And I can't find anything! I need to pull up my old resumes, and that (unfortunately) requires going thru the CDs 1 by 1, until I find which has the file on it.

I want to take the time to grab a complete directory structure off of each CD while I'm at it, and was thinking that I might just have to do it with screenshots or some such thing. Can anyone offer any alternatives, or a program that does this kind of thing?

Thanx!
    "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

CDROM LIST CREATOR

Just click on the download link to the left of the page. It's freeware. It's easy to use and all information about each CD is stored on .txt files.
    "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Thanx muchly!

(6 minutes, not too shabby!)
      "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

I JUST did this over the weekend. I catalogued all my CD's because I was sick of pulling out 3 or 4 that I "thought" might contain what I needed...and going through the hassle.

I use a program called Advanced Disk Catalogue and it has super fast search and a great index. Now I just have a stack of 75 discs and I know what is on each and every one!

Can't believe I didn't do this years ago!
        Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X