Anti-Americanism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Americanism

Stop the crying girls. If someone opposes war it does not imply they want US service personnel to die. I have mentioned countless times I do not want anyone to be killed for no good reason. I am not alone in this belief. In fact the vast MAJORITY of the world agrees with me. In this world people will not always agree with what you say and if someone disagrees with you then to label them anti-American is pathetic. Grow up boys this is real war and real people will die. Remember how that feels ? Just cast your mind back to 9/11 if you had forgotten.

So can we stop with the jibes that I am hoping for US service personnel to die. It is not funny, it is not hard and it is certainly not clever - it is just f**king immature 'anti-American' ****.

I was a soldier and my thoughts go out to all those serving in the Gulf - they are just doing their jobs however f**ked up their mission is.

Have to agree.

I mean, this sums it up pretty well:

"either you are with us or you are against us". No argument, no debate, no consensus. Given that choice, I'm against America, simply because I reserve my right to freedom and sovereignty.

I have plenty of American friends, a couple who are either in or about to join the US armed forces and I wish no harm to come to them. That might seem like the token "I have Jewish/Black friends, but <insert some bigoted crap here>" but it's not. I have a serious issue with the US political leadership, but that's where it ends.
    "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Marko, at times you can make very informed and educated comments that require a high degree of knowledge to rebuff. (Your Operation Sea Lion post was a prime example of that.) Then there are times when you seem hell-bent on inciting flame wars through reckless comments that only you can understand. If there is a view that you are anti-American, its not because you disagree with America. Instead, it's because that's how your some of your comments come across. Kraut, LaPalice, Martin Schenkel, and Wolfe Tone, just to name a few, all don't support the war, and I don't recall them being called anti-American. Each argued their position with the kind of professionalism that makes you second guess your own view. For whatever reasons, you at times, depart from objective debating, and post with the desire to, or at least with no concern for, offending people.

As for Anti-Americanism in general, I personally don't really see it in Europe. I'm not angry with Chirac or anyone else. I know it's just business. While I'm concerned about some of the comments made by both sides, in the end, we all need each other to survive. We'll have to be complete morons if we allow Saddam Hussein to tear down a relationship created in blood.
      "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Come one Marko, only a few days left. Still time to catch that last plane to Tehran, cross the border, and go out in a blaze of glory.
        "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

I might not be the best person here to say this,seeing as how i already put my foot in my mouth once.War appears inevitable and everyone here has strong opinions on the matter,but maybe we should agree to at least respect each others opinions and keep the hostility down to a minimum for the forseeable future.I for one don't want to see a return to the name calling and insults that took place here recently.

I'm sure that if anyone crosses the line with their speech,that the staff will take care of it.Hounding people for their viewpoints will do no good at this point.

Comment

Re: Anti-Americanism

Originally posted by Marko
            Stop the crying girls. If someone opposes war it does not imply they want US service personnel to die. I have mentioned countless times I do not want anyone to be killed for no good reason. I am not alone in this belief. In fact the vast MAJORITY of the world agrees with me. In this world people will not always agree with what you say and if someone disagrees with you then to label them anti-American is pathetic. Grow up boys this is real war and real people will die. Remember how that feels ? Just cast your mind back to 9/11 if you had forgotten.

So can we stop with the jibes that I am hoping for US service personnel to die. It is not funny, it is not hard and it is certainly not clever - it is just f**king immature 'anti-American' ****.

I was a soldier and my thoughts go out to all those serving in the Gulf - they are just doing their jobs however f**ked up their mission is.
            Hum......Sorta immature like calling someone Anti-Arab just becuase they disagree with you on the Arab-Isreali conflict??
            "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul
              I might not be the best person here to say this,seeing as how i already put my foot in my mouth once.War appears inevitable and everyone here has strong opinions on the matter,but maybe we should agree to at least respect each others opinions and keep the hostility down to a minimum for the forseeable future.I for one don't want to see a return to the name calling and insults that took place here recently.

I'm sure that if anyone crosses the line with their speech,that the staff will take care of it.Hounding people for their viewpoints will do no good at this point.
              I agree and will withdrawal my earlier comments on Marko wanting to see many American KIA. The reason for this remark is I had just seen his post offering prayers for the British and Iraqis in the war - but not the Americans. You can draw your own conclusions.
              "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Marko. In another thread you called someone a baby-killer. Those are the kind of comments that make people think things like you are anti-American and have strange beliefs and want to incite flame wars like the others have said. Don't say things like that.
                Negative.

Comment

Originally posted by Polka Sheep
                  Marko. In another thread you called someone a baby-killer. Those are the kind of comments that make people think things like you are anti-American and have strange beliefs and want to incite flame wars like the others have said. Don't say things like that.
                  I will be the first person to stand up for Marko here being able to express his opinions in a reasonable manner.

Though Marko,addressing you personnally,calling people crybabies and girls along with other names does not help your case,wether it is someone here or in general.It has the appearence of baiting an attack.You cannot expect to post those kinds of remarks and not have people respond against you.

We are all adults here and can discuss our differences in a rationale manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck

I agree and will withdrawal my earlier comments on Marko wanting to see many American KIA. The reason for this remark is I had just seen his post offering prayers for the British and Iraqis in the war - but not the Americans. You can draw your own conclusions.
                    Thanks Chuck.We should all remember that it is not only the staff here,but also the members who are responsable for the quality of this site.

The coming days and weeks are going to be hard on everybody here,more so those of us who have family and friends invloved in this conflict.There is no reason for us to make life more difficult on each other than it already is.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck

Sorry but I thought intelligence was usually used by those using this forum. The jibe about Iraqi and Uk soldiers was aimed at the inaccuracy of US warplanes - a cruel joke - but still a joke. Some people take me far too seriously. I am British, and as a result I like cruel humour and sarcasm. That is simply a cultural bias.

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul

I will be the first person to stand up for Marko here being able to express his opinions in a reasonable manner.

Though Marko,addressing you personnally,calling people crybabies and girls along with other names does not help your case,wether it is someone here or in general.It has the appearence of baiting an attack.You cannot expect to post those kinds of remarks and not have people respond against you.

We are all adults here and can discuss our differences in a rationale manner.
                        Point taken. I formally apologise to anyone whom I have called a girl or cry baby. Sorry.

Comment

Re: Re: Anti-Americanism

Originally posted by Tim McBride

Hum......Sorta immature like calling someone Anti-Arab just becuase they disagree with you on the Arab-Isreali conflict??
                          THIS IS MY POINT EXACTLY TIM. You called me an anti-seminite (?), Okay so in response I believed that you would not like being called anti-arab. Get it. I have views but I am not anti-'anything' okay. So stop trying to put words into my mouth. I make it quite clear that I beleive Palestine should have ints own state. So what ? Millions of other people do aswell. This view does not make me hate Jews. Infact I do not even know any Jews so how can I say I hate them ?

Comment

Originally posted by Polka Sheep
                            Some of you people drive me mad. Read the previous posts regarding 'babykillers' please then come back with an intelligent reply. Cheetah was saying how the grandchildren of Saddam pose a risk...okay. Do you now understand after reading the thread properly ? Do you need help undertstanding the posts ? Any questions regarding my posts and your mis-interpretation of them should me aimed directly at me. I will help you out...and at no cost.

Comment

Marko....

Hello Marko,

Some of us do think you're an Anti-American, while you say otherwise.

It is probably because none of us could be sure if you were just joking or not. It is very difficult for me to figure you out, at times, I thought you were serious, only to find later you were actually joking.

Moreover, it seems that you find it exciting for us Americans to experience a lot of difficulty in accomplishing our goals without a lot of casualties on BOTH sides. While you may not support the war, wouldn't it be prudent to support SOME efforts to reduce the casualties by opening a second front or going for the military targets only and things like that?

At times, I do find myself puzzled over your posts, it does seem that you don't have a firm list of beliefs or personal convictions to fall back. What would be your personal beliefs? I am just curious, I mean, you already know I am a strong conservative, what about you?

Dan
                              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X