School Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Life

hey guys I am talking to a young fella on Steam about school and he has been teased and stuff and I remember I have had the same treatment of the same stuff I left in less than a month of year 11 and I remember I had only 1 1/2 years of probaly happy life in that last 11 1/2 years but can I ask you guys have you all had the same experience?
    http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Everybody has a tough time in school. Ever notice how happy childhood memories tend not to take place in the old brick building? I've counseled kids for several years now and I've found that everyone from the highest praised jock to the lowliest geek is stress frazzled and peer pressured to death by junior high or earlier. Growing up isn't easy. Especially in this day and age.

As Black Adder said: "I, on the other hand, am a fully rounded human being with a degree from the university of life, a diploma from the school of hard knocks, and three gold stars from the kindergarten of getting the kicked out of me."
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by pirateship1982 View Post
      Everybody has a tough time in school. Ever notice how happy childhood memories tend not to take place in the old brick building? I've counseled kids for several years now and I've found that everyone from the highest praised jock to the lowliest geek is stress frazzled and peer pressured to death by junior high or earlier. Growing up isn't easy. Especially in this day and age.

As Black Adder said: "I, on the other hand, am a fully rounded human being with a degree from the university of life, a diploma from the school of hard knocks, and three gold stars from the kindergarten of getting the kicked out of me."
      Hahahah I love that quote best ever lol

Comment

Originally posted by pirateship1982 View Post
        Everybody has a tough time in school.
        I never did. But then maybe thats because not only did I have my nose buried in a book and thus wasn't paying attention to what was being said, but I was also over six feet tall in Middle School.

Of course, you are also forgetting that other great Black Adder quote: "Wibble".

Comment

Originally posted by daemonofdecay View Post
          I never did. But then maybe thats because not only did I have my nose buried in a book and thus wasn't paying attention to what was being said, but I was also over six feet tall in Middle School.

Of course, you are also forgetting that other great Black Adder quote: "Wibble".
          Well I am 6ft 5 and well known for a nut and hiding in a kitchen cupboard wow bloody hell for some reason I remember that moment in year 7 cooking class people use to **** me off so I ran off to other end of the class room and smashed the Cupboard door an everyone thought I climbed in there lol strange how back than I hated it but a good memory now

Comment

I was never bullied and got along with everyone. I also had the motto that "If I don't value your opinion, it doesn't really matter what you say".
            If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

I was involved in an activity that took a lot of my time and fell in with a great group of buddies. Outside my circle of friends related to that, I didn't pay much attention to fads or people.

I had a couple of friends in the jock-ocracy and among the hard cases at my school as well. That meant the most likely to torment pretty much left me be as just a regular guy.

Did I like or do I miss much from my junior or senior high years? No, not really. They were a time of my life, but nothing extrordinary either good or bad.

Regards,
              Dennis
              If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by daemonofdecay View Post

Funny, I had school problems percisely because I WAS tall for my age. And I was a bookworm too. Junior high school always struck me as a petrie dish of Napoleon complexes.
                A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

I remember a lot of "hen pecking" in school. Most males were trying to establish their place in the herd. I made the mistake of letting a lot of guys peck at me. Two or three times a year I would get mad and beat up the biggest guy trying it. It is remarkable how peaceful things would be for a while after that. No, I was not trained or very big. I would just jump on them and try to hurt them.

We won't talk about the trained Boxer that I was trying to chastise for picking on my brother...

Pruitt
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I liked school. I was a good sportsman and a boardgame nerd - plus I'm not somebody that has much time for cliques - so I pretty much mixed with everyone. It also helped that I was class clown so most people would rather sit back and see what stupid thing I was going to do next rather than take issue with me.

If anything my problems were with the teachers but that was an occupational hazard rather than something to worry about.
                    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Yeah, been there done that, glad that part of life is well behind me.

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."
                      "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X