Back from vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from vacation

Got back from vacation last night. Went with my brother and a mutual friend who are also military history buffs. Left Kansas Saturday morning and hit Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, DC, Virginia, and Kentucky in 5 days of driving.

Spent a day at Gettysburg and Antietam. It was amazing walking the terrain on the battlefields that I've studied and gamed on so many times in the past 30 years. I took quite a few pics of the battlefields that I will post later.

Also stopped at Burkittsville, MD where the Blair Witch Project was set.

I had an amazing time but it was tiring and I'm glad to be home.
    "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
    Got back from vacation last night. Went with my brother and a mutual friend who are also military history buffs. Left Kansas Saturday morning and hit Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, DC, Virginia, and Kentucky in 5 days of driving.

Spent a day at Gettysburg and Antietam. It was amazing walking the terrain on the battlefields that I've studied and gamed on so many times in the past 30 years. I took quite a few pics of the battlefields that I will post later.

Also stopped at Burkittsville, MD where the Blair Witch Project was set.

I had an amazing time but it was tiring and I'm glad to be home.
    Welcome back! You missed Michigan. lol
    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Welcome back Captain,,
      "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
      "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
        Prawn heads
        by Karri
        How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
        Today, 11:40
      • Jose50
        Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
        by Jose50
        Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
        Today, 08:41
      • Von Richter
        Sagittarius Rising...
        by Von Richter
        Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
        Today, 01:19
      Working...
      X