Current MBTs vs a Death Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current MBTs vs a Death Star

What would happen if the original Death Star shot a modern MBT (Abrams, Challenger, T-90) with its main armament? Would the tank be totaled or ok?

How about an Invincible Class Star Destroyer, would the main blasters penetrate or would it matter?

Кто там?
    Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
    Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Hmmmmmmmmmm. If the Death Star gets of the first shot then the MBT (and the planet) would be screwed but the Death Star is very vulnerable to a shot down the (what is is called? That strange chute that built into it just to give the good guys a chance) hole.

I'm backing a good guys MBT because of that.
    Last edited by Rojik; 16 Jun 10, 14:46.
    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Now, how would it fare if it were inside the Death Star and driving about?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Now, how would it fare if it were inside the Death Star and driving about?
        Fairly well, despite what Obi-wan said about the accuracyof Stormtrooper blaster fire, we all know in reality they can't hit the broadside of a barn. The tank would never even get hit while several Stormtroopers would fall into large holes due to the Death Star not being designed with the safety of the crew in mind.
        Кто там?

Comment

To correctly placed long rod penetrator Death Star vulnerable is. Mmmmmm.
          My board games blog: The Brass Castle

Comment

You're comparing apples and oranges.

Troop of Challenger II vs AT-AT? Superior mobility of the Challengers and the AT-AT's limited field of fire probably means stalemate as the MBT's can't penetrate the advanced polycarbide plates. Unless Luke Skywalker is the gunner on Sword 2 of course. Then its game on.

Comment

Well, if it were the original death star the tank would OBVIOUSLY be fine. I think the latter death star might be able to damage it...at least amobility kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Fodder76 View Post
                You're comparing apples and oranges.

Troop of Challenger II vs AT-AT? Superior mobility of the Challengers and the AT-AT's limited field of fire probably means stalemate as the MBT's can't penetrate the advanced polycarbide plates. Unless Luke Skywalker is the gunner on Sword 2 of course. Then its game on.
                Well the AT-ST, would fair well I think, it could use its speedt o get on top of a Challenger and shoot top down, granted there aren't any Ewoks with slingshots and logs fighting in Her Majesty's Forces...
                Кто там?

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
                  Well the AT-ST, would fair well I think, it could use its speedt o get on top of a Challenger and shoot top down, granted there aren't any Ewoks with slingshots and logs fighting in Her Majesty's Forces...
                  I think thats being considered in the Tories new Defence review.

Comment

But what if Luke Skywalker is commanding the the MBT..... the force will be with him!
                    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                    Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
                    Mark Twain.

Comment

Hmm I wonder what's next, my sarcastic remarks, vs the armour of a modern MBT?

Personally I think I have a chance
                      Life is change. Built models for decades.
                      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
                        Hmm I wonder what's next, my sarcastic remarks, vs the armour of a modern MBT?

Personally I think I have a chance
                        So THATS what this guy was doing!

Comment

Fairly well, despite what Obi-wan said about the accuracyof Stormtrooper blaster fire, we all know in reality they can't hit the broadside of a barn. The tank would never even get hit while several Stormtroopers would fall into large holes due to the Death Star not being designed with the safety of the crew in mind.
                          We all know of the Stormtrooper effect. The fact that the Empire force's legendary battle skills and accuracy evaporate as soon as a TV camera is around.

So in that case, as you have a CCTV system on hte tank, then its game over for the empire boys.

It all kind of reminds me of this.
                          Winnie says
                          ---------------------------------
                          "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
                          Herr Flick.

Comment

What would happen if the original Death Star shot a modern MBT (Abrams, Challenger, T-90) with its main armament? Would the tank be totaled or ok?

How about an Invincible Class Star Destroyer, would the main blasters penetrate or would it matter?

Don't tell me "An MBT can stop ________, no really, I read it online somewhere." is becoming the internet's new "A Katana can cut through a ______, no really, I read it online somewhere."

Comment

A modern MBT versus a geek in a CGI studio.....I bet on the tank
                              45B10 1986-91

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X