Thanks History Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks History Channel

A few days ago the wife & kids were home by themselves & she decided to let them watch some tv. I had been watching the premiere of that new sniper show on the History Channel the night before & they just turned back on the tv & started watching. Apparently, they were airing a show on the Mothman prophecies (http://www.history.com/videos/mothman#jersey-devil) & the boys got hooked. Now for the past 3 days I've heard nothing but my 4 year old talking about "The Mothman". He draws the thing (pretty well for a 4 year old) & has had nightmares about it. I mean, when I was a kid we had the old Scholastic books on UFOs, Bigfoot, & the Loch Ness monster. Between that, the old "In Search of" specials, & "Kolchak" episodes, I was hooked. Is this the beginning of the same thing for my youngest? Anybody else's kids get hooked on something weird & wacky like this?

Silly History Channel, why can't you just show history?!!
    The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

THC has been going down hill for a while now, and the latest foray into "reality" programing reveals a very corporate approach.

I used to be hooked, but now I hardly ever bother with it.

Comment

About one out of Ohhh maybe thirty tries you'll catch some history on The History Channel.
      They've definitly lost their way!!!!
      John
      The most visable part of a persons education is their parents example !

Christianity is made far too complicated by far too many denominations.
      It's truly a simple concept.
      Dont take my word for it---Read the Book of Romans!

Comment

What, U.F.O.'s in the Bible wasn't on???

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
          What, U.F.O.'s in the Bible wasn't on???
          Yeah Cicero, it was. And they had an ice ramp coming out of the UFO with truckers runnin their rigs up and down it, and on top there was some guys choppin down trees, and there was a pawn shop in the back room, and in another room they had a potato chip factory, and on and on.
          It was just too much history for me to absorb in one sitting.
          John
          The most visable part of a persons education is their parents example !

Christianity is made far too complicated by far too many denominations.
          It's truly a simple concept.
          Dont take my word for it---Read the Book of Romans!

Comment

Originally posted by LeanotLee View Post
            Yeah Cicero, it was. And they had an ice ramp coming out of the UFO with truckers runnin their rigs up and down it, and on top there was some guys choppin down trees, and there was a pawn shop in the back room, and in another room they had a potato chip factory, and on and on.
            It was just too much history for me to absorb in one sitting.
            John
            so about a minute rofl

Do they still do the show where they study Medievel weapons and attempt make them???

sorry havn't had pay tv for over 3 years now so I am a lil sketchy on tv shows and stuff
            http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

Originally posted by hellboy30 View Post
              I mean, when I was a kid we had the old Scholastic books on UFOs, Bigfoot, & the Loch Ness monster. Between that, the old "In Search of" specials, & "Kolchak" episodes, I was hooked.
              Is Kolchak in the same category as the Loch Ness monster?
              www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

There's not much history left on the History Channel.There are some of the whole "Ice Road Truckers" type shows I do like though.Before that Ice Road series came out,there was a documentary on ice road trucking.It was interesting.But it didn't warrant a whole series.An hour long documentary was enough.

Some of the shows on History and Discovery that I do enjoy are Deadliest Catch(must be the fisherman in me),Dirty Jobs,Modern Marvels,and Mythbusters(although they **** me off a lot in their new episodes,I find too many flaws in their experiments).
                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by ShAA View Post
                  Is Kolchak in the same category as the Loch Ness monster?
                  "Kolchak the Night Stalker" was a cool show in the early 70's about a news reporter who would investigate things like zombies, werewolves, vampires, etc. One of the best shows ever, but didn't last very long though. My youngest son has become fascinated with the Loch Ness Monster and likes to go to Youtube and find videos for Loch Ness.

http://www.amazon.com/Kolchak-Night-...6435289&sr=8-2

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
                    "Kolchak the Night Stalker" was a cool show in the early 70's about a news reporter who would investigate things like zombies, werewolves, vampires, etc. One of the best shows ever, but didn't last very long though. My youngest son has become fascinated with the Loch Ness Monster and likes to go to Youtube and find videos for Loch Ness.

http://www.amazon.com/Kolchak-Night-...6435289&sr=8-2
                    I thought it was the other one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Kolchak
                    www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X