Stupid Greenpeace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Greenpeace

Just read and watched a video concerning the usual antics of Greenpeace on the water. They attacked some French tuna fishermen.

Big mistake. I guess French tuna fisherman shouldn't be treated like the Japanese.

The French guys kicked some ass back for the trouble.

Greenpeace need to get it in their collective heads, they're just terrorists.

I couldn't care less if they were shot at too. Especially when the fishermen are doing entirely legal fishing operations.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

The Russians have got it right...

Attached Files
    “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

For a good chuckle, watch Whale Wars. Their reaction when their boarding attempt was violently repulsed was rather funny. It seems they think that anyone should be able to just board any ship in open waters.
      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

They are a joke, out for headlines, nothing more.

I like a clean environment but these people go OVER BOARD, pun intended
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I think that France got in trouble a few years back for sinking a Greenpeace boat in some harbor. I think the Kiwis took exception to it. For some reason the Greenpeace folks thought that setting off a nuclear device was not friendly to the environment.
          "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss49 View Post
            I think that France got in trouble a few years back for sinking a Greenpeace boat in some harbor. I think the Kiwis took exception to it. For some reason the Greenpeace folks thought that setting off a nuclear device was not friendly to the environment.
            http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...4&postcount=15

The French secret service blew up a Greenpeace ship in a New Zealand harbour. A stupid move and effectively an act of war whether one likes Greenpeace or not. Obviously New Zealand did not welcome a foreign country blowing stuff up in one of their harbours.
            Last edited by Mackie; 06 Jun 10, 16:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              They are a joke, out for headlines, nothing more.

I like a clean environment but these people go OVER BOARD, pun intended
              In this case they are responding to an 80% drop in tuna stocks in the Mediteranian. A ban (to this area) was proposed by the EU and the USA but Japan beat it down.
              Regardless of what you think about tuna or Greenpeace - it's bad business practice to exhaust the resource you depend on.
              Last edited by Duncan; 06 Jun 10, 16:42.

Comment

Well personally I'd rather they wiped out the tuna entirely, gone, extinct, not coming back, get yourself another fish sort of thing.

Then when the fishermen have NO work at all, maybe they will finally understand the whole point of not doing something just because your &^#$%$# grandfather and his grandfather and his grandfather did it before you.

I will never give a damn about Greenpeace though.

The only way we can stop people fishing for tuna, is if you refuse to eat tuna. Good luck on that though, ain't going to happen.
                Life is change. Built models for decades.
                Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
                  Well personally I'd rather they wiped out the tuna entirely, gone, extinct, not coming back, get yourself another fish sort of thing.

Then when the fishermen have NO work at all, maybe they will finally understand the whole point of not doing something just because your &^#$%$# grandfather and his grandfather and his grandfather did it before you.
                  Hasn't worked for the salmon or cod industry. And the lessons from those don't seem to be carrying over. No reason to expect that one more ruined industry will get the message across.

Comment

Easy for you two to say that.

Perhaps you would not have the same perspective if your family and town depended on it.

Protecting stocks is all good and well but white fish here has seen cut after cut that there's basically no industry left but the authorities want even more. Just an excuse to get rid of the industry really. Only recently has there been some sort of relief.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie View Post
                      Easy for you two to say that.

Perhaps you would not have the same perspective if your family and town depended on it.

Protecting stocks is all good and well but white fish here has seen cut after cut that there's basically no industry left but the authorities want even more. Just an excuse to get rid of the industry really. Only recently has there been some sort of relief.
                      A lot of blame has to go to those big gigantic ocean-going fishing fleets equipped with sophisticated sonar and GPS systems. They hunt down the schools relentlessly in total disregard for breeding seasons and migratory patterns. We all know who they are..........
                      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                        A lot of blame has to go to those big gigantic ocean-going fishing fleets equipped with sophisticated sonar and GPS systems. They hunt down the schools relentlessly in total disregard for breeding seasons and migratory patterns. We all know who they are..........
                        Care to share more of your intricate knowledge on the Scottish fishing industry?

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie View Post
                          Care to share more of your intricate knowledge on the Scottish fishing industry?
                          Not the Scottish! Think Sushi!!!!
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

I can't watch What Wars at all. That's nothing but hippie pirates, and they deserve to all be hung from the yard arm.

I agree that resources shouldn't be hunted to exhaustion. We need to manage them and keep them sustainable, but those idealistic young pieces of crap..... They just **** me off.

Duncan, my great great grandfather was a forester, my grandfather was a forester, 2 great uncles were foresters, my dad is a forester. I am a student at Utah State working on my forestry degree. It is obviously impossible to explain to you why I'm drawn to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
                              Duncan, my great great grandfather was a forester, my grandfather was a forester, 2 great uncles were foresters, my dad is a forester. I am a student at Utah State working on my forestry degree. It is obviously impossible to explain to you why I'm drawn to it.
                              I think you may mean to direct that to les brains.

Forestry is one of the better managed renewable resources. It's an industry that understands. Wish they had a plan for the pine beetle.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X