Postmodernism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postmodernism

Can someone please explain to me what the hell this 'thing' is in English without going about in circles and talking mumbo-jumbo about truth without coming to a conclusion?

Cheers.

Originally posted by Kittikhun View Post
    Can someone please explain to me what the hell this 'thing' is in English without going about in circles and talking mumbo-jumbo about truth without coming to a conclusion?

Cheers.
    No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postmodernism

Does it matter?
    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
    _________
    BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Kittikhun View Post

Cheers.
      You're asking for an explanation of mumbo-jumbo laced with circular reasoning... Without going on about mumbo-jumbo laced and circular reasoning.

That's a tall order.

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Depending on its variation(and yes there's plenty of mumbo jumbo circular logic involved), it's supposed to be a critical look at the limitations of modernity and bypassing them.
        "To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat."
        --Marshal Józef Piłsudski

Comment

Sounds like you've been listening to too many politicians.
          "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

The only post modernism I am really familiar with is in literary criticism. It's usually the short route to fail an English Lit class unless it is applied as a tool for looking at a specific post modernist writer such as Vonnegut or Beckett. Even then it can be suspect if done poorly. Literature has a specific context. Critical analysis is about what the piece means to the author in their situation - not what it means to you in yours/how it makes you feel/etc... You didn't write it so it ain't about you

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X