Old And Still Learning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old And Still Learning

Two weeks ago, May 20 2010, I reached the age of 68. I am thankful for still having the mobility to get around and to spend time here, writing and reading.

I want to say thank you to everyone here for their contributions with the exception of two members who are ! The posts here are full of facts and personal experiences. Some of you have opened up and in doing so, you have helped some of us who are going through the same difficulty, feeling the same emotions, etc.

This is a great site, PERIOD!!!

I encourage others to express themselves also. The staff do a great job even if we don't always agree with them. It has been a great experience to meet you, friends from all corners of the earth. I hope to be around to chat and share in for many more years to come!

"War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
    - Col. David Hackworth

You're not old you're mellowed and matured.

I am glad to read posts by those like yourself who can tell us about your experiences and bring a measure of wisdom to your perspective.

Comment

Ya got 20 years on me chronologically. Wish I didn't feel 68, but heck you likely feel better than me too most days hehe.
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

68 is the new 58.
        Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Your still a kid.......get some time in......

Comment

Originally posted by Bow
            Your still a kid.......get some time in......
            Pay ol Bow no never-mind, mate...

He watched the Battle of Britain unfold overhead just barely outta his knappys...

HAR...

No, Really!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Bow was there to cross the Channel........with the Normans.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

When I start telling my "war stories" to other member\s of my team I start with, "Well, I recall in 1970 when I enlisted that...."

They have finally asked me what the was of 1812 was like.
                "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                  Pay ol Bow no never-mind, mate...

He watched the Battle of Britain unfold overhead just barely outta his knappys...

HAR...

No, Really!

True....But somethings you remember forever though you dont really understand what it is all about at the time.....Standing in our backyard with my dad watching the contrails ( smoke to me at the time) in the sky....Yes!
                  I knew what the "Germans" were..as a kid you pick up a lot....this may sound alian or farfetched to a kid growing up in America during WW2 far away from any bombs or planes...but any kid in Europe during this period "remembers"...hell! my wife was 4 at the end of WW2 in Germany and remembers the French as they drove through her village and a lot more.

Kids are like little sponges and soak up all sorts of things, skills, memoriesetc,etc.....Hell! I sat in the desert watching a 4 year PLO kid field strip an AK ...so dont think a four year old is a blank....

HP...Who do you think was walking point.....

Admiral......Your only "old" if you think you are "old"..granted somethings dont work as well as they used to and the bendy parts of your body get a bit stiff...tooooo bad that dosent work on other parts....

Keep on trucking until they drive the last nail in...
                  Last edited by Bow; 07 Jun 10, 13:07.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaOne View Post
                    I want to say thank you to everyone here for their contributions with the exception of two members who are !
                    I'm only one poster but thanks for the mention.
                    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaOne View Post
                      Two weeks ago, May 20 2010, I reached the age of 68. I am thankful for still having the mobility to get around and to spend time here, writing and reading.

I want to say thank you to everyone here for their contributions with the exception of two members who are ! The posts here are full of facts and personal experiences. Some of you have opened up and in doing so, you have helped some of us who are going through the same difficulty, feeling the same emotions, etc.

This is a great site, PERIOD!!!

I encourage others to express themselves also. The staff do a great job even if we don't always agree with them. It has been a great experience to meet you, friends from all corners of the earth. I hope to be around to chat and share in for many more years to come!

Don't worry about it Don, your still a youngster yet. You wait till you get into your 80s,then get in touch with me again! I'll be looking forward to my telegram from the Queen then!!
                      'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                      " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X