Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes the website you're on just screams scam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes the website you're on just screams scam!

I was needing to get a copy of my birth certificate. Naturally when I googled the proceudure I get a plethora of rather shady looking operations, some of which I suspect might provide you with a birth certificate even if you're place of birth is south of the Rio Grande.

The first one I saw almost made me laugh. US Birth Certificate dot com will provide you with your birth certificate for a rather exorbitant fee and here are some of the terms and conditions:

I authorize USBirthcertificate.Com to be my legal representative and to obtain my birth certificate for me. USB.com will charge your credit card our fee upon receiving your request even if the information is incomplete. (Red Flag) USB.com will email a receipt confirming that we have received your request. This can take up to 1-2 business days. Please contact us if the certificate does not arrive by the stated process time. The lifetime birth certificate & passport processing service fee is non refundable and can only be used for the person named on the birth certificate request. There are no refunds of USBirthcertificate.com's service fees for any reason. (Red Flag) I understand Usbirthcertificate.com is a private expediting service and I am hiring them to expedite my birth certificate order. By submitting the form above you agree to these terms.
    Our voice number is 888-629-2016. All Sales Final (Voice Mail Only - Big Red Flag)

Yeah why don't I just forward these guys to the FBI. This has identity theft scam written all over it.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

The only place that can get you that info is the local county seat of the state you were born in. Actually, you should, or your parents should, have a notarized copy somewhere in a safety deposit box or personal safe. If none of the above have it, you are SOL.

The web site screams scam.
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Most states had a "Department of Statistics" that keep track of Birth and Death certificates & they will only send them to you if you can verify you are the person or if you have a need for them.
      "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
        The only place that can get you that info is the local county seat of the state you were born in. Actually, you should, or your parents should, have a notarized copy somewhere in a safety deposit box or personal safe. If none of the above have it, you are SOL.

The web site screams scam.
        Moving to MO was a mess and I lost quite a few items, including said document. The DMV gave me a website that looks sufficiently more credible than the one listed. Hopefully it works.
        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X