Media full of stupid relationship advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media full of stupid relationship advice

I think I've seen every example of stupidity being published with regards to relationship tips and advice but this one got my attention.

This article claims, against all reason, that being involved with an emotionally insecure person is actually "good" for you because it gives you an "edge" when there is friction.

Even without reading into their elaborate logic, can you list one reason why you'd want to date an emotionally insecure person?

This is utter garbage by people who need to take a break from writing because they are burned out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/...oodforsurvival

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

This article claims, against all reason, that being involved with an emotionally insecure person is actually "good" for you because it gives you an "edge" when there is friction.
    Na it does not,it reads this...

but in times of need the emotionally insecure partners may be doing us a favor by being more alert to possible danger.
    I think it mean this...
    Having a stressed out partner can alert you too more dangers then having a relaxed partner .

I for one, think being on youre own is much better.

Comment

"Don't believe everything you read." is one of many sage advices my Father told me.
      "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Getting advice from those folks is about as goofy as getting it from total strangers in internet forums!

Regards,
        Dennis
        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

As far as being involved with an emotionally insecure individual? There's a reason that my 'ex' is my 'ex'.
          "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
            Getting advice from those folks is about as goofy as getting it from total strangers in internet forums!
            [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
              I think I've seen every example of stupidity being published with regards to relationship tips and advice but this one got my attention.

Even without reading into their elaborate logic, can you list one reason why you'd want to date an emotionally insecure person?

This is utter garbage by people who need to take a break from writing because they are burned out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/...oodforsurvival
              Because the world is full of idiots willing to take that advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Because the world is full of idiots willing to take that advice.
                Hear, hear, lots of people out there are like an empty glass and you get to fill them with whatever you want, including your ****.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Almost all relationship advice appears geared at women. I would suggest that as long as they get laid enough, not nagged too much and felt needed, men tend to be happy in their relationship .
                  How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                  Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I believe everything the media tells me.
                    Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                      I believe everything the media tells me.
                      Follow Fox much do ya?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                        Almost all relationship advice appears geared at women. I would suggest that as long as they get laid enough, not nagged too much and felt needed, men tend to be happy in their relationship .
                        Aint that a fact. Men are simple creatures, are we not? Women are a flippin mine field to be traversed at your own peril.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                          Prawn heads
                          by Karri
                          How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                          Today, 11:40
                        • Jose50
                          Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                          by Jose50
                          Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                          Today, 08:41
                        • Von Richter
                          Sagittarius Rising...
                          by Von Richter
                          Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                          Today, 01:19
                        Working...
                        X