Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Wars, you have one wish to observe at first hand....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Wars, you have one wish to observe at first hand....

Given the chance to be an observer during any war, for 1 day, any point in time, any place of moment or happening, to see it unfold as it happened? what would be your place of choice be...WW1, WW2, or any part in history that you would find fascinating, just to be the "fly on the wall"....

For me! berlin, the raising of the flag over the reichstag....
    Last edited by sniper1946; 12 May 10, 05:27.

For me it would be to observe the Battle of Lexington on Lexington Green, and then to be there when the British returned, on their way back from Concord, on April 19, 1775.

Comment

No thanks. I'll stick with the blood and destruction in black and white or read about it in books. Nothing great about smelling burnt bodys or rotting flesh.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I was originally going to say Midway,but I think I'll go with Taffy 3 at Leyte.
        Last edited by Gixxer86g; 12 May 10, 06:55.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          No thanks. I'll stick with the blood and destruction in black and white or read about it in books. Nothing great about smelling burnt bodys or rotting flesh.
          Quite right John. This would have been the thing to observe IMO - the end

Comment

...to be a fly on the (tent) wall and listen to my dad while he was on Guadalcanal.
            ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

World War 5. I mean, come on, it's bound to involve plasma/laser weapons (the burn a sucky chest wound kind not the burn your retinas kind we have now) and some sweet stompy battlemechs.
              -----------------------------------
              Sings we a song of wolves.
              Who smells fear and slays the coward.
              Sings we a song of man.
              Who smells gold and slays his brother

Comment

Gettysburg please.
                Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

My thoughts exactly.
                  "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                  Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
                  Bukowski

Comment

Given the chance to be an observer during any war, for 1 day, any point in time, any place of moment or happening, too see it unfold as it happened? what would be your place of choice be...WW1, WW2, or any part in history that you would find fascinating, just to be the "fly on the wall"....
                    First,I would wish too witness a German victory in WW1 (close to it,and the only world war I can witness whe germany nearly won a world war) until the British brought out there Tanks and push German troops all the way back home. curse you british,you always get in our way,lol.

I would like too witness the first half of WWII,when things are sitting great for us,just the warfare nothing else I wish too see regarding WWII.

I wish too witness Chamberlains reaction too when Hitler keept on plowing through borders.

I wish too witness Hitler in his bunker at the very last moments of defeat and how he dies.

I wish too witness during wwII,the US president trying too walk too prove to th US people it can be done!

I wish that I could witness and sit though just one of Churchill's speeches.
                    I can never look at any pics of this,I just try and imagine this had never had happen in the first place.

Comment

Exactly John, why the hell should anyone in their right minds WANT to see or witness in any way such things? Unless they still have an undeveloped mind and are childish enough to think it is all like these games that they play on the computors etc.
                      'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                      " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

I'm not childish, I would like to have observed the battle of saipan which my grandpa fought on. Be interesting to see the tactics that the army and marines used, not those that were shown in that crappy movie Windtalkers
                        "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
                          I'm not childish, I would like to have observed the battle of saipan which my grandpa fought on. Be interesting to see the tactics that the army and marines used, not those that were shown in that crappy movie Windtalkers
                          See your point Scott but the trouble with that is to see, you have to a certain extent get involved and once involved you see only the immediate surroundings and what is going on there,while doing that you become completely oblivious of the armys overall tactics. Unless of course if you were thinking of the possibility of being able to hover over the area in some way?
                          'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                          " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
                            First,I would wish too witness....

I would like too witness the first half of WWII,when things are sitting great for us,just the warfare nothing else I wish too see regarding WWII.

Yeah, those kids dying in the streets of Warsaw had it coming.....

How about these poor buggers in Kiev.....

Everyone is a victim in warfare.
                            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                            Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
                            Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by sniper1946 View Post
                              Given the chance to be an observer during any war, for 1 day, any point in time, any place of moment or happening, to see it unfold as it happened? what would be your place of choice be...WW1, WW2, or any part in history that you would find fascinating, just to be the "fly on the wall"....

I always wish I could go back in time a witness history as it happened but couldn't really think of a certain point of time mmmmm I guess I would have to go for landing at Gallipoli or the exploding of the mines specially at hill 60
                              http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X