Thank you for your service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for your service

Just out of curiosity, for the veterans out there, do you guys sometimes find this galling when civilians say this to you so many times that you feel that they don't actually mean it or something along the lines of that?

Cheers.

No, I think appreciation is nice, just as I appreciate the support. I often hear the warfighter appreciate my support, so it goes both ways.
    TTFN

Comment

Sometimes I wonder the same thing Kittikhun.
      How young people act Norwa days,the war vets may think we are just saying the excat thing you have just mentioned.

Comment

Doesn't bother me a bit, but then I have never heard anybody tell me that except a few here at ACG.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE, JOHN!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Many Thanks Wes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittikhun View Post
              Just out of curiosity, for the veterans out there, do you guys sometimes find this galling when civilians say this to you so many times that you feel that they don't actually mean it or something along the lines of that?

Cheers.
              Yes, I do personally anyway,It was very noticeable on this past Australian ANZAC day. Though not so much that they don't actually mean it, more that they felt that they OUGHT to say it!
              'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
              " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                Doesn't bother me a bit, but then I have never heard anybody tell me that except a few here at ACG.
                THANK YOU FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY; HP!

*Thanks to Huyen the Reader for the url.
                Last edited by RichardS; 06 May 10, 11:24.
                Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                  THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE, JOHN!

Your thanks to HP is much prettier than mine. BTW; reinstate the flag icon!

Comment

Originally posted by Kendoka Girl View Post
                    No, I think appreciation is nice, just as I appreciate the support. I often hear the warfighter appreciate my support, so it goes both ways.
                    Thank YOU for serving, KG!!!
                    Last edited by RichardS; 06 May 10, 11:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                      Well John, You know how I feel. I appreciate that you served for the right cause when it wasn't so easy to serve for that cause. I owe you some coffee next time I am in Germany

I usually offer to buy the coffee or cover a meal for people in uniform when I run across them at a restaurant. They always seem genuinely appreciative.

One time a group of national guard walked in while I was at the corner stop and rob. There were 28 of them. I offered to buy their drinks anyway as part of my standing policy. A nice captain politely refused my offer for his group.
                      Last edited by Miss Saigon; 06 May 10, 11:06.

Comment

Missy, Richard thanks a lot.

I wasn't looking for any thanks but just stating a fact.

Where I live and the American Community I'm in are all retirees or active duty. So it would be sort of silly running around telling everybody thank you.

In the US I don't run around showing that I'm a Vet other than a small label pin for US Army retired that I wear while traveling. Make customs and Immagration go much faster.

That doesn't look good in t- shirt, shorts and sandals, which is the normal uniform I wear in the US.

Oh, that reminds me. At Dulles an INS officer did thank me once.

HPJ

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Saigon View Post
                          I usually offer to buy the coffee or cover a meal for people in uniform when I run across them at a restaurant. They always seem genuinely appreciative.
                          And thank you for remembering the Ladies and Gentlemen who serve! I told you how my dad felt about how people treated him during the War Against Communism in Vietnam.

Comment

Sorry, Richard, as much as I liked it, too...

This is an international community & we will not have one without all the others...

And to do that would require we can all the other smilies such that we don't have 20 pages of smilies.

Besides, as you have easily demonstrated, it is as easy to provide your own - and a far better version, at that.

Sorry!

Last edited by Admiral; 06 May 10, 11:51.
                            On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Sometimes I feel that folks are just saying it to be fashionable on Veterans or Memorial Day. Then again, there are sometimes when it's really heartfelt and that makes it all worthwhile...
                              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X