Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In what order do you view threads on Armchair General?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In what order do you view threads on Armchair General?

I was curious to see how people answer this......the wife was watching me for the upteenth time get on the site & she commented on how I move back & forth to certain sections & always seem to follow the same order. Do you follow a pattern or is it just random?
    I start from the top & work my way down
    19.15%
    I start from the bottom & work my way up
    0.00%
    I browse by certain forums & subforums
    23.40%
    I start by going to places where I have posted recently
    10.64%
    I look for the most interesting posts in each forum
    4.26%
    User CP 1st
    21.28%
    17.02%
    Other
    4.26%
    The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

My favorites takes me to Alternate timelines, but given the relatively slow nature there I go for new posts and try to work my way down to the bottom of the fresh meat and then sometimes into the older stuff I haven't read to see if I missed something.
    How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
    275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Comment

1) New Posts: I click "New Posts" and scan the first page or two and look for interesting threads.

2) Politics Central: Then I go to "Politics Central" and pick on the Lib's.

3) Science: Then I go to "Science" to see if there is anything new and/or post my latest disproof of some facet of junk science.
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Polled amended to include User CP 1st & New Posts 1st...

I do either 1st.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Top down on the subforums that interest me with occassional forays into others. User CP check is random, but first if I have new messages.

Regards,
          Dennis
          If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

New Posts, then Barracks, then whatever other subforums interest me.

Ben
            "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

If I'm not mistaken when you first log on the NEW POST are Top to Bottom. No need to check NEW POST first.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

By forums of interest and then topics of interest within those. I often start with Politics first because that one takes the most energy to get through, but if something else is more interesting, such as a Science find, I'll start there instead.

Very little goes on that interests me in the Barracks anymore.

Comment

I am bookmarked to come in first to the VN forum.

From there I hit New Posts to see if there is anything there I want to look at.

After I am through with the New Posts search I mark all forums read.

Then I check User CP followed by reading any new messages.

Then I have buyers remorse and regret that I have spent more time here and have not yet beaten the addiction

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Saigon View Post
                    I am bookmarked to come in first to the VN forum.

From there I hit New Posts to see if there is anything there I want to look at.

After I am through with the New Posts search I mark all forums read.

Then I check User CP followed by reading any new messages.

Then I have buyers remorse and regret that I have spent more time here and have not yet beaten the addiction
                    Do you really want to? It's kind of like Starbucks!

Comment

Staff mixed rotation. Staff Forum, BPRs, then top down from Weapons, ACW, WWII, Vietnam and then Barracks. Finally any new thread in the forum boxes that looks interesting.
                      Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

I skip around: WWII, ACW, Vietnam, then off to Games and Back up to Alternate timelines - from there it is a top down closer view of each topic to see if there is anything interesting to read up on.
                        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                          If I'm not mistaken when you first log on the NEW POST are Top to Bottom. No need to check NEW POST first.

Clicking "New Posts" will show the newest posts first in every sub-forum, all on one page.

It lets me know what people are talking about right now.

Ben
                          "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

First I check the BPRs - Always good to read of the latest spammer who's been toasted.

Then I check Current Events and moderate as needed. Then I pull on the hip boots and tip-toe through Politics Central to see if any new spasms of hate and discontent have broken out. Then if I still have time I goof off in Weapons of War and Wars and Warfare. I don't get down to the Barracks that much anymore.
                              Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X