Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing like the rural country

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nothing like the rural country

    Had the window open and heard all this rustling around out side, branches
    breaking and snapping and thinking well it is Bear season here, but no it was
    just one of the neighbors dropping in to say Hi.



    It just doesn't get any better then this in the country...
    Last edited by General Brock; 23 Jan 14, 22:31.

  • #2
    I hope your better looking than your neighbor.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

    youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

    Comment


    • #3
      I did say it was bear season, after all I just came out of hibernation and
      forgot to comb my Fur. (hair)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        I hope your better looking than your neighbor.
        Oh, that's his neighbour? I thought it was him!!
        'By Horse by Tram'.


        I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
        " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

        Comment


        • #5
          General Brock, we thought this picture shows you as you venture outside the investigate the noises.

          "Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
          --Frederick II, King of Prussia

          Comment


          • #6
            "Oh, there's hair on this and there's hair on that.."

            Originally posted by General Brock View Post
            I did say it was bear season, after all I just came out of hibernation and
            forgot to comb my Fur. (hair)
            Time for the springtime back waxing?




            ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
            IN MARE IN COELO

            Comment


            • #7
              You guys are just to kind.

              Comment


              • #8
                No moose here, but the white tails are just changing to their beautiful summer coats and spring gobbler season opens next week!

                I hope she didn't pop in because she was lonely!

                Regards,
                Dennis
                If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

                Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Great picture,General!I live back down in the suburbs of NYC,but we have a lot of deer and wild turkey on my side of Clifton.

                  I really miss living out in rural Sussex Co.,NJ.Here's a couple of shots of my back yard:




                  The Big Flat Brook,a natural Brook Trout stream was literally 5 minutes from my driveway:



                  Attached Files
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                  BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                  BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'd me more scared of that moose then of a bear.There were a lot of black bear where I used to live,and they would run away as soon as they saw you.But from I have learned about moose,they will charge you down.BTW,James,where are you located?I didn't know that moose were as far south as France.
                    Last edited by Gixxer86g; 21 Apr 10, 15:57.
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                    BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                    BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                      I'd me more scared of that moose then of a bear.There were a lot of black bear where I used to live,and they would run away as soon as they saw you.But from I have learned about moose,they will charge you down.
                      Nothing will attack unless threatened, or hungry. I'd worry more about bears, especially sow bears with cubs than a moose anytime.

                      Finding yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time in that situation is definitely not good news.

                      Regards,
                      Dennis
                      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

                      Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I Remember When I 1st Moved out to my Current House There Used to be a herd or 2 of antelope just a few yards past our back fence.

                        Moose in the Fall are a lot more aggressive and dangerous than Bears.

                        Camping in the parks a few hours away biggest fears of animal encounters are
                        Female Moose With ?Cub? -> Cougar (attacks have been increasing alot) and then -> Bear.
                        God didnít create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
                          Nothing will attack unless threatened, or hungry. I'd worry more about bears, especially sow bears with cubs than a moose anytime.

                          Finding yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time in that situation is definitely not good news.

                          Regards,
                          Dennis
                          You've been watching too much Disney channel.

                          A whole lot of different animals like cougars, moose, bison, grizzly bears, polar bears, dogs and rabid animals will attack you with no warning. Animals also kill just to kill and not eat, sorry to ruin that myth for you too.

                          More than one reason to carry a gun with you.

                          Oh, take a guess on what is the most deadly animal on the North American continent by killing more people each year for decades than any other animal, and no it is not pet dogs.

                          The Whitetail deer has killed more people and done more property damage by far than any other animal in the USA & Canada.
                          "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by trailboss49 View Post
                            You've been watching too much Disney channel.

                            A whole lot of different animals like cougars, moose, bison, grizzly bears, polar bears, dogs and rabid animals will attack you with no warning. Animals also kill just to kill and not eat, sorry to ruin that myth for you too.

                            More than one reason to carry a gun with you.

                            Oh, take a guess on what is the most deadly animal on the North American continent by killing more people each year for decades than any other animal, and no it is not pet dogs.

                            The Whitetail deer has killed more people and done more property damage by far than any other animal in the USA & Canada.
                            First, I'm aware of the whitetail info, also that most of the damage done to humans is when the deer are struck by autos. I'm also keen on the crop damage they do, though if things continue at pace feral hogs will be topping them there.

                            While you may be correct on the moose and bison, I am unaware of same. The others you point out are carnivores who do kill to eat as I stated.

                            I'd have taken it for granted that you'd figure I was aware of rabid animals attacking humans. I didn't include them because the attacks are a result of the disease not the animal.

                            I do enjoy Disney, thank you, but I am also appropriatley armed everytime I go to the field or stream, hunting season or not. I am not appreciative of the implications of that segment of your post.
                            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

                            Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Do ya gits a lot of them Polar bars out thar in KS Pat?


                              Oh, take a guess on what is the most deadly animal on the North American continent by killing more people each year for decades than any other animal, and no it is not pet dogs.
                              That is such an easy question.

                              Other people.
                              Last edited by Half Pint John; 22 Apr 10, 04:36.
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                              Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                              youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X