I sometimes miss Canada...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sometimes miss Canada...

What do I miss since I left Canada in 1994?

Lifesavers

The freezing cold and the loads of snow

The snowmachine

The nice juicy "real" hamburgers

Fries and gravy

Labatt's Blue

Going on a camping/survivaltrip in the endless forests with some friends

Taking a boat onto the endless rivers and lakes...and jumping in the water

Greets,
    Stratego
    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Oi, you come from Belgium. Whatever else may be said about that country the Belgiums do make the best beer, chocolate and CHIPS (aka fries) so do you miss them?
    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

We have Lifesavers in America.

Try Wyoming, the Dakotas or the high Rockies anywhere.

Everybody has snowmobiles.

Everybody has hamburgers, and we have some really great ones.

You can put gravy on your fries if you want to. Why not; the French use mayonaisse.

Any decent liquor store in America has LaBlatt's.

We go camping all the time. I don't rush to jump in the lakes, however, because we have beavers in America, the lakes and streams are their toilet, and giardia Lamblia is a nasty parasite.

We have rivers, lakes and streams up the wazoo.

Have you thought about moving back?
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Have you thought about moving back?
        If I wasn't married and had kids I'd still be moving around from country to country...I'd love to live in the US for five years, then move on and live in Sweden for five years, then to Spain for another five etc...

My next thread could easily be: "I sometimes miss France", because I miss Paris also...

No, I'll remain in Belgium where I'm close to everything: 10 minutes from Holland, a half an hour from Germany, an hour and a half from Luxemburg, three hours from France, three hours from the UK...

I'm right in the middle, so strategically I'm in the right spot
        (although I also miss my dear mother and sister in Canada)

Greets,
        Stratego
        Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

BORG

Comment

Do you miss the pea soup?!

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
          --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
            Do you miss the pea soup?!

No, no not the pea soup, but I remember these...and they don't have them here !!!!

Mmmmmmmm...PEROGIES !!!!

BORG

Comment

I sometimes miss Washington State even though I've never been there. Ah the power of television!

Comment

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                What do I miss since I left Canada in 1994?

Lifesavers

The freezing cold and the loads of snow

The snowmachine

The nice juicy "real" hamburgers

Fries and gravy

Labatt's Blue

Going on a camping/survivaltrip in the endless forests with some friends

Taking a boat onto the endless rivers and lakes...and jumping in the water

Greets,
                Stratego
                Fries and gravy? You sure your not an Aussie??
                'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Hard To Compete With a Good Poutine. Fries+Gravy is nearly mandatory in good family restaurants and if you can also get Some cheese in as well its Simply Lovely!

Shrinking Hamburger Disease has Swept Across Most of the fast food restraunts in Montana and striking at Canada now Felt Bad for my 1cm Patty at McDonalds.

Did you Experience Buffalo Burgers Lighter In Fat and has a good taste!

MM I think Many Canadians Also have a good Grasp On Beavers (Having them as a National Animal May help ) Pesky little Creatures Many Farms Across Alberta And Saskatchewan have issues with them damming up creeks and rivers.

Got 2 Good Canadian Storys /Jokes

If You Fail The Alberta Road Test 4 times They Simply Give You a Green and White License Plate (Saskatchewan) and wish you luck

Got a British Gal In Our School (Moved from Germany perhaps 2 years Ago) We Convinced her Prairie Bears Roam the Grasslands. But then later she didn't Believe theirs Moose in Cyrpess Hills Park... It'll be a fun Camping Experience this Summer!

Hope You Visit this Quiet Little Dominion Called Canada Again Stratego, Cheers!
                  God didnít create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

Stratego,

Except for that watered down Canadian beer, all else is bigger and badder her in the US of A!
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                      Stratego,

Except for that watered down Canadian beer, all else is bigger and badder her in the US of A!
                      Watered down beer? Where did you go?

Bigger? Your country is smaller then ours.
                      #occupyarmchairgeneral.
                      Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
                      Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Fodder76 View Post
                        I sometimes miss Washington State even though I've never been there. Ah the power of television!

I do miss Washington State, particularly in the middle of these hellish Texas summers. 110 degrees in the shade just isn't right.
                        "The legitimate object of war is a more perfect peace." General William T. Sherman , 20 July 1865

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                          Stratego,

What the h### are you drinking..."Light" something or another....try some real beer.....geez! my cat pees stronger than US beer......as for size...we are a bit bigger unless you are like the last American I talked to that informed me that the US was "bigger" because they used "good old American miles " ( came from the English in fact) instead of "them pissy Canadian miles"...I think he meant kilometeres that are spelt with a K not C

1 "US" mile = 1.6 Kms......Dont ask me his logic.....

Comment

Hmm according to last winter, you can get more snow in the US than in lots of Canada

Your list looks pretty much the same as the immediate other side of our border actually.

The only thing that often makes us different, is our money looks prettier

So what did you think of our bag milk, butter tarts and Tim Horton's coffee?
                            Life is change. Built models for decades.
                            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I would like a chance to at least forget the "People's Republic of Canuckastan" for a while...maybe then I could start missing it................................................ .................................................. ......................NAAAAAAAAAAA!
                              Later - Tater
                              "Why I have a greater affinity to Israel than to the Muslim world after 9/11: Watching a death-match fight on Animal Planet once, I found myself instinctively rooting for the mammal over the reptile."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X