Waitlisted to VMI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waitlisted to VMI

As I mentioned a while back I applied to VMI as I transfer student from which I have been waitlisted.

However I also applied to another Virginia school with a good Army ROTC program, James Madison and I was denied. Which came as a shock in this case since I had a college GPA above 3.0 for my first semester.

What? Is the Army getting choosey these days?
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Better to be waitlisted than out right denied.
      Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin23 View Post
        As I mentioned a while back I applied to VMI as I transfer student from which I have been waitlisted.

However I also applied to another Virginia school with a good Army ROTC program, James Madison and I was denied. Which came as a shock in this case since I had a college GPA above 3.0 for my first semester.
        A lot of schools don't want transfers before two years. You never know why you might be rejected. It may be procedural. Don't take it to heart. Just keep plugging away.

Comment

Best of Luck!!!

Good luck!
          Save America!! Impeach Obama!!

Comment

I recommend to keep taking the common courses most Fresh & Sophomores do.

I know it's a blow to get knocked down at times but keep climbing back on the horse.

I applied for the Coast Guard Academy when I graduated from high school & was turned down. Looking back at my grades that didn't surprise me any.

But, a few years later I got into a very selective graduate program due to guess what? My grades. When I got on the GI Bill and got serious I was always on the Presiden't Honor Roll. So, your life can change to what you want it to, sometimes it's just not the first thing you want, or apply for.
            "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

3.0 is nothing to be ashamed of, but...

We have friends with kids nearing university age. We've heard stories of people with 3.9 GPA's being rejected from some schools or some popular programs in schools. Some places can be pretty picky these days.

Comment

What's a 3.0 grade? (for all us weirdos who use 3 digits for a grade...)

Comment

Golani,

On a 0 to 4.0 system, a 3.0 is a "B". That is nothing to sneeze at, but the Valedictorian and Salutorian of the graduating class will have around a 3.9. My gpa in college could never get above 2.9999 as I had some bad grades when I first went to college. My last trip through school had me Deans List and Honor Roll about equally in 10 semesters.

Pruitt
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

So that would make it a 085 average?
                    That's pretty darn good.

Comment

Golani,

Depending on the system used, a 3.0 can be a 88% to a 93%. It depends on the school. A ten point system would have a B as 80% to 89%.

Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                        Golani,

Depending on the system used, a 3.0 can be a 88% to a 93%. It depends on the school. A ten point system would have a B as 80% to 89%.

Pruitt
                        My GPA is most likely higher then the 3.1/3.2 it was last semester. Now it's most likely around 3.5-3.7.

So yes pretty good.
                        Last edited by Kevin23; 10 Apr 10, 12:20.

Comment

That's even very good

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X