Pocket season is over :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket season is over :(

For those wondering 'what the hell is pocket season?' it's that part of the year when wearing a jacket such as a nice leather coat is doable.

My nice leather jacket = two pockets for my hands, 2 cargo pockets for all sorts of things, mainly hard candies in the left and multi tools etc in the right, plus pens pencils n stuff in the inside pocket.

But the weather is full on spring and warm and nice and sunny and in NO need of a jacket (unless I want to sweat like a pig eh).

So once again, I need to sort out the bare essentials that are ok in pants pockets only (drat).

Ya gotta understand, I am not a motorist I can't carry my stuff around in the car hehe.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

If you mean "winter", why don't you just say "winter"?

Must be a Canadian thing...what do you say when summer is over - it's the end of "thong season"?

Comment

Hehe no, I wouldn't wear a thong at gun point (in service to my fellow man you underdstand ).

I call the year 'Pocket season' and 'the warm part' actually.

In Canada 'spring' is a myth invented to sell calendars and garden supplies I think.

We go right from 'having snow' to suddenly no snow and warm out.

We have on average 3 weeks of &^$#@%# hot and muggy weather randomly placed at week long bursts to keep people guessing as to when to install the AC.

Fall lasts approximately 1 week somewhere around Sept-Oct.
      You know it is Fall in Canada, because one week it's friggin hot and then suddenly it's what the hell cold out. it immediately becomes cold and stays that way till the next no snow time.

Comment

Sounds like you would look fashionable with a "fanny pack".
        "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

I actually got one as a 'camera bag', because a 300 dollar digital camera demands something. Had a main compartment for the stuff like charger and the cables etc, plus a forward compartment good for the camera itself.

But no, I hate the idea of wearing the things. Just a small form of luggage and no better.

Too damn many people of way too great a lack of self awareness of personal appearance wear them not as a 'fanny' pack, but as some form of mutated crotch pouch.

I've used one once to a convention (where I actually bought it) where I simply HAD no choice but to keep all my valuables in one spot SECURE from theft. Didn't lose anything, but god the things are most assuredly fashion death sentences.

Given a choice, it's better to choose a single shoulder worn back pack.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X