Housing riddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing riddle

Okay, here I have a type of riddle no one I know has gotten right so far: you have three houses in 2D layout, you can place them like you want to, then you have sewage, water and electricity separated from each other, placement can also differ. You have to connect all three resources to the houses without them crossing. The lines connecting may also not run over or under each other.
    I haven't solved this one myself.
    Last edited by Wilpanzer; 04 Apr 10, 04:26.

If you put them in a straight line, the services all connect to the mains without crossing.

I'm not sure I see the puzzle...
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

This should help
      Attached Files

Comment

Easy!

Sewage can - depending upon codes & local infrastructure - and often does run under a number of structures... it can be extended to such an alignment easily without crossing & advance progressively beneath each of the 3 structures

Water (or electricity) can begin at the front of one structure & run along the fronts of each structure beginning at one end & advancing progressively to the other end of the 3.

Electricity (or water) can be extended to the back of each structure beginning at the opposite end, or even outside the water line, and advance progressively as required to complete your connections.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Easy - All three go to house A while house B and C are public housing so they get nothing.
          Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

You would generally be correct, MM, but there is obviously a limitation being placed upon this - likely by code (of which there are a great many different standards adopted by various municipalities/counties/architects/engineers) - for the purpose of taxing his noggin on the subject.

Wilpanzer, are you involved in any form of construction/architecture/engineering studies?

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Stack them.

Comment

This riddle reminds me of my schooldays
                Conceived wisdom amongst us was that it cannot be solved in 2D (i.e. on a piece of paper), unless cheating.
                If you want me to tell you the 'cheat code' PM me.
                BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSennef View Post
                  This riddle reminds me of my schooldays
                  Conceived wisdom amongst us was that it cannot be solved in 2D (i.e. on a piece of paper), unless cheating.
                  If you want me to tell you the 'cheat code' PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    If you put them in a straight line, the services all connect to the mains without crossing.

I'm not sure I see the puzzle...
                    You're right MM.,
                    When you've been building houses and developing subdivisions for as many years as I have there is no puzzle here.
                    It's done in a hundred differant places every day.
                    Or at least when times are a bit better than they are now it is.
                    John
                    The most visable part of a persons education is their parents example !

Christianity is made far too complicated by far too many denominations.
                    It's truly a simple concept.
                    Dont take my word for it---Read the Book of Romans!

Comment

You don't even have to move the houses or utilities as he provided...

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Admiral; 05 Apr 10, 03:50.

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post

Now that is pretty brilliant
                        BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Wow, it's not that complicated as I originally thought!

Comment

For that matter, since I added Gas & left Water off the 1st one...

Lets put Electric, Sanitary, Gas & Water to this baby!

This is entirely not uncommon in Greensburg, now...

Though a box is almost never used for gas anywhere, save under special conditions.

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Admiral; 05 Apr 10, 04:04.

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

For that matter, since I added Gas & left Water off the 1st one...

Lets put Electric, Sanitary, Gas & Water to this baby!

This is entirely not uncommon in Greensburg, now...

Though a box is almost never used for gas anywhere, save under special conditions.

I'm assuming that you meant the Sanitary sewer which doesn't use a meter, exception might be an industrial customer but is billed according to water usage. In this area, they charge 1.5 times the going water usage rate. In addition, there is an annual ready to serve fee. For those with no municipal water service, they charge a flat rate based on the number of occupants. In Billings Township, they even levy a monthly usage rate on vacant lots.
                              “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X