Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you have been a biker?

Good morning everyone.
    I need to get something off my flabby, man-breasted, chest.
    Last weekend, I was pumping gas for Dolley at the local gas station, when suddenly, a legion of bikers came roaring by.
    It was as if they were in squadron formation.
    They stretched out as far as your eye could see.
    To say that I was excited, is an understatement.
    I wanted to reach out and touch them.
    German helmets, long hair, females riding with them, wearing colors, ape-hanger handlebars, Harley's.
    After pumping my gas, I went home and sat silently in the dark.
    In another life, would any of you like to have been a biker?
    Do we have any bikers?
    Can you tell us a story?
    Please radars, vote in my poll.
    Commnts are always welcome.

Cool

Pfft!

Yes! It would have been great, and exciting.
    32.65%
    no.
    53.06%
    I...I... really don't know.
    14.29%
    "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Good morning Mr. Slug.

I always wanted to be a biker. Thought their image of neo-anarchism was kind cool. But events and circumstances passed that by and initially didn't have the money for a 'scoot'. Now that I do, I am just not as comfortable with the idea or the imagine I once perceived.

Some clubs do great things for their communities and that's neat.

Alas the image of outlaw clubs and the realities of what they do supersede the efforts of the former.

I have ridden many times but to merely ride is not necessarily to be a 'biker'.

My favorite ride of all tho was a 750 Triumph Tiger.

Have a great day.

Thanks.

Comment

In my twenties (I'm 50 now) I rode a Harley and hung out with several different clubs that thought I'd make a good member. I never joined any. It makes for some good stories but I'm glad that I got out of it. I'd probably either be dead or in prison. I won't go into any pscychological and personality discussions here but you could write a book about it.

Comment

I'm not a biker,I'm a motorcyclist.However,when it comes to partying,I'm a biker.

Some of my worst experiences on two wheels where in situations where I was part of a large group.Incredibly slow,incredibly boring.Imagine being on a bike capable of 170mph and being passed on the left and right by little old ladies in K-cars and soccer moms in mini-vans because the group leader wouldn't go one mph over 55 in a 65 zone.That ain't fun.I prefer being on my own,or in small groups of like minded and equally skilled riders.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

I couldn't. One thing the military taught me is that I like showers, clean clothes and personal hygiene at regular intervals.

And I've seen the women who ride the back of those bikes...

Last edited by Mountain Man; 03 Apr 10, 12:15.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

No. I'm an officer and a gentleman.
            This combines very badly with being a biker, who apart from just biking, seem to be involved in criminal activities, drugs and prostitution far too often to my taste.
            Secondly, I don't think I would relate to bikers very well, having few common interests and likely no meaningful conversation. Slug, I would be surprised if an ACG member would come out of the closet here and admit to being a hardcore biker.
            Last but not least as Mountain Man already remarked, I too prefer the company of ladies many times over that of the type of women that likes to hang out with bikers.
            BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I couldn't. One thing the military taught me is that I like showers, clean clothes and personal hygiene at regular intervals.

And I've seen the women who ride the back of those bikes...

She kind of looks like my ex hubby's Aunt Judy...
              "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
              "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Could I be a biker?

Loves REAL motorcycles, not something from Asia, but a real North American ride. So I get a point there.

Likes REAL leather jackets ie it has to be useful, not just good looking. So I get that point.

Likely would not mind getting something for the back, not sure what though.

Broad on the back? Sure why not, I think every biker needs an old lady on his ride eh. So I get that point easy. You get bonus points if the girl looks like she would beat up another girl at the drop of a hat.

Long hair, gee I wish. I've had fine hair all my life, and most of the hair on top is a memory. I never had any say here.

Helmet? are you nuts. Bikers wear wear bandannas, only motorcyclists wear helmets. Ok I'll let a helmet slide as long as it has no visor. Because you're supposed to be wear goggles I thought.

And no festooning the ride with all sorts of luggage storage thingies. Cricky, it's not a vacation mobile, it's a bike. it also shouldn't be overly clean and pretty. It's a bike, not a soccer mom machine.

If I was single, you can bet I'd own a decent bike. I'd be on it during the decent weather. And likely no where near home most of the time.

Ok time to wake up and get back to the real world. I'll be going out dancing likely sooner than out biking. Life just ain't interested in my biker ambitions.
                Life is change. Built models for decades.
                Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by robbielynne View Post
                  She kind of looks like my ex hubby's Aunt Judy...
                  That's what you would call "Heavy Duty Judy".
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
                    Loves REAL motorcycles, not something from Asia, but a real North American ride. So I get a point there.
                    We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Most REAL motorcyclists understand that the REAL motorcycles come from Japan,Germany,the UK and Italy.Harley's appeal to the "I have tons of extra cash and don't mind spending it on a substandard machine that just looks good and impresses other people just like me" crowd.

Likes REAL leather jackets ie it has to be useful, not just good looking. So I get that point.
                    Like a Schott Perfecto.The original "Brando" jacket.Or something from Vanson,Dainese,Hein Gerecke,or First Gear.

Broad on the back? Sure why not, I think every biker needs an old lady on his ride eh. So I get that point easy. You get bonus points if the girl looks like she would beat up another girl at the drop of a hat.
                    Nah,it kills the handling.Not a problem if you're more interested in how you look than the actual ride itself.Tell her to get her own damn bike!

Long hair, gee I wish. I've had fine hair all my life, and most of the hair on top is a memory. I never had any say here.
                    I've had long hair most of my life from the fifth grade up.A few people have commented that I look like I should be on a Harley because of my long hair and thick goatee.

Helmet? are you nuts. Bikers wear wear bandannas, only motorcyclists wear helmets. Ok I'll let a helmet slide as long as it has no visor. Because you're supposed to be wear goggles I thought.
                    Helmetless may be OK for cruising around town trying to look good and impressing other idiots so long as you don't get to much over residential speeds.At 40mph,a grain of sand will scratch your cornea.At highway speeds,a raindrop stings like a bee.In all my years of riding,I only really tried it once,other than the occasional spin around the block.I got off the Cape May-Lewes ferry and the Del. State Trooper directing traffic told me I didn't need my helmet.So I gave it a try.Big mistake.I was on the coast,so there was plenty of sand and bugs which really do hurt at highway speeds.But my eyes were protected by good shades.Until I hit about 65mph,the aerodynamics of the shades caused the wind to inflate my eyelids like parachutes,which was not comfortable at all.Plus there's that whole "asphault" issue.It may seem hard when you're walking on it,but it's even harder when you hit it at 65mph.

And no festooning the ride with all sorts of luggage storage thingies. Cricky, it's not a vacation mobile, it's a bike. it also shouldn't be overly clean and pretty. It's a bike, not a soccer mom machine.
                    Touring on a motorcycle is an awesome way to spend a vacation.Without the soft luggage that's kind of hard to do without someone following you in a car.And only motorcycle magazine editors get that kind of treatment.
                    Last edited by Gixxer86g; 03 Apr 10, 13:18.
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                      That's what you would call "Heavy Duty Judy".
                      LOL...if ya ever see her coming...watch out man because she is a heck of a brawler too...she is a mean ole heifer
                      "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                      "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

That was one of the images I thought the mods and admins would let me post...
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Gixxer stop inserting common sense into the thread, you're wrecking the image

Truth be known, I'd likely settle for a power assisted bicycle. I'm really only interested in cruising so slow impacts ain't going to happen. It would only be during the mid day on sunny afternoons mostly. And I would rather not have to peddle up hills of steep grades.

I want to enjoy the scenery, not need to worry about speed in relation to accidents, and be able to primarily rely on peanut butter sandwiches for fuel (like I did in my 20s, rode 60 miles on my mountain bike on a whim most weekends). There sure a lot of hills around where I live.

Oh to be able to sleep under the stars in a new location every single night for several months in a row with a digital camera to record it all. Between the Yukon and Southern California.
                          Life is change. Built models for decades.
                          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Here's me and my hog. Is this close enough to join?

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
                              Gixxer stop inserting common sense into the thread, you're wrecking the image

Truth be known, I'd likely settle for a power assisted bicycle.
                              If it's got two wheels and an engine,it can't be all that bad!
                              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X