Reel to Reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reel to Reel

I'm looking for some information of old 3.5 inch reel to reel tapes.

I have several old 3.5's that were used for voice mail between me and my mother over the years. They are all 20 + years old. Is there away to recover the content or record them into a different system? For the most part they have been stored in cool/cold.

tks

HPJ
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

I don't have a clue, but I know someone who might. I'll get back on the thread later today with what I find out.

Best regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Can't a stock sound card record otside audio (wired in through a USB port) and digitize it, and store it as an MP3 file?
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
        Can't a stock sound card record otside audio (wired in through a USB port) and digitize it, and store it as an MP3 file?
        First wouldn't I need a reel to reel with a USB outlet? Second I only have the tapes.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

John,

My friend says the biggest issue is the quality of the tapes and whether or not they will stand up to the stress of being played. If that isn't an issue you should be good to go. Nothing wrong with a cool/cold storage environment.

He says he is able to make that conversion, tape to CDs, at the radio station on campus. In addition to simple conversion he says it is also possible to clean up the recording to eliminate distortion and enhance the speech.

Hopefully you can find the same service in your part of the world.

Best regards,
          Dennis
          Last edited by D1J1; 02 Apr 10, 10:28.
          If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X