Good war game or movie soundtrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good war game or movie soundtrack

What are some good war movies or game soundtracks?

Well I always liked the music from The Thin Red Line myself. But if you are looking for music for when you are wargaming, then the Lord of the Rings soundtrack isn't a bad choice.

Or just go with a nice selection of bellicose classical music. Mars, the God of War is always a good decision!

Comment

Originally posted by daemonofdecay View Post
      Well I always liked the music from The Thin Red Line myself. But if you are looking for music for when you are wargaming, then the Lord of the Rings soundtrack isn't a bad choice.

Or just go with a nice selection of bellicose classical music. Mars, the God of War is always a good decision!
      I have to agree there. The soundtrack was the only good thing to come out of The Thin Red Line.

Best wargaming music? Depends on what you're shooting for. If you're looking to establish mood it depends on the game. I find Celtic Woman to be a good choice for Britannia, provided you stick to their folk songs.

RPGs are more where I look for good background music. Shadowrun is not properly played without techno.
      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

I like The Imperial March from The Empire Strikes Back or bagpipe music if I need to get hyped up for writing combat, rpging, etc.
        Not that I rpg any more.
        Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

I am also a big fan of the Transformers soundtrack myself. The movie was mediocre at best, but I absolutely love the music from the film. Honestly the music was the only thing I thought was actually good about the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by pirateship1982 View Post
            I have to agree there. The soundtrack was the only good thing to come out of The Thin Red Line.
            I like parts of the movie myself, and the music is great. The attack on the Japanese through the fog and then the scene near the end where one of the soldiers leads the Japanese away from his friends (and is eventually shot) are both wonderful cinematic moments, but beyond those the rest of the movie is... meh.

Comment

Hell march from Red Alert is a classic.

The soundtrack from Enemy at the gates is about the only good thing about it.
              “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

ballad of the green beret..

john wayne in "the green beret"..

Comment

The Longest Day March

Comment

Originally posted by sniper1946 View Post
                    john wayne in "the green beret"..

I really do not like that song. So over rated.

Comment

WHAT!!!?

No one has mentioned Apocalypse Now yet?

For shame.

NOTHING equals that film (in quite the same way).

I'd love to know what Wagner would think of it.
                      Life is change. Built models for decades.
                      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Any soundtrack by Hans Zimmer: Pirates of the Carribean, the Rock, Gladiator, Pacific, etc.

See here for complete list:

http://www.moviemusic.com/composer.a...merh&sort=year
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Any soundtrack by Hans Zimmer: Pirates of the Carribean, the Rock, Gladiator, Pacific, etc.

See here for complete list:

http://www.moviemusic.com/composer.a...merh&sort=year
                          Love the Gladiator soundtrack...also Last of the Mohicans
                          "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                          "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Jesper Kyd has some decent ones
                            “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

Originally posted by Erkki View Post
                              Jesper Kyd has some decent ones
                              Ah, the man who did the music for the Hitman series of games. Good choice, to be sure. I have the Blood Money soundtrack on my computer.

Another good choice is the music from the Total War series, especially Rome and Medieval II.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Today, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Today, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Today, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X