Another Hero Passes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Hero Passes...

Without guys like Robert White, we wouldn't be the superpower we are today. Godspeed, MG White!

Retired Air Force Maj. Gen. Robert M. White, who flew high enough as a test pilot in an X-15 rocket plane to earn astronaut wings in the early 1960s, has died at age 85.

http://www.military.com/news/article...tml?ESRC=eb.nl

RIP Gen. White.He certainly had an impressive career.He flew P-51s in Europe,was shot down on his 52nd mission and held as a POW.He flew F-105s over Vietnam.He was the first to exceed Mach 6,which is especially important to those of us here who love to go fast.
    Last edited by Gixxer86g; 25 Mar 10, 14:52.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

"The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
      "

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
        RIP Gen. White.He certainly had an impressive career.He flew P-51s in Europe,was shot down on his 52nd mission and held as a POW.He flew F-105s over Vietnam.He was the first to exceed Mach 6,which is especially important to those of us here who love to go fast.
        Sorry to hear of his passing but I am sure that he was like the majority of veterans and would cringe at the thought of being referred to as a Hero!
        'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
        " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Seems like the guy led an intersting, adventerous and life that accomplished a lot. Could one ask for more?

RIP Sir.
          "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
            would cringe at the thought of being referred to as a Hero!
            I guess that's one of the problems of being a hero.And you know that from personal experience.
            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

RIP General.... Our nation owes you a debt that can never be repaid.
              In Vino Veritas

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                I guess that's one of the problems of being a hero.And you know that from personal experience.
                Thank you, But BIG Cringe!!
                'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X