Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you see yourself in 10, 20, 30 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you see yourself in 10, 20, 30 years?

I'm 46 now, with two boys, 11 & 13, so...

10: Kids out of the house. Wife and I enjoying each others' company more often and doing "grown-up" stuff. Still working, but considering retirement. Visiting kids and grandkids, likely living in Virginia Beach.

20: Completely retired - visiting grandkids and spoiling them.

30: Dead or dying...which would be a great feat for me to make it to my 70's, considering my disabilities and history of abusing my body in numerous ways.

I've never been one for that kind of forward planning, I simply have no idea where I'll be at in 5 years never mind 30. I've gotten where I am today with no active involvement on my part. We'll apart from being a dad and I'll sue anyone who says otherwise for slander!

I've always secretly envied folks who know what they want out of life, whether it be job, relationship anything at all. I'll be 34 this year and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

I did take a career suitablity type test at the local careers office when I was in my mid twenties. 6 years of getting up a 5 am, 6 days a week and heading out to work as a postman were taking their toll. After screeds and screeds of questions the program spat out my ideal occupation. Yup, you guessed it, postman.

Comment

Well, I am 52 and still happily married, but I can always dream

Comment

Well... I'd be happy to live to 120...

I'll be 50 in a few days & every day above ground's a good day!

I'm most certainly not gonna complain if me maker decides its time sooner.

I live every day as it comes & though I plan for the future, I make no assumptions that I'll be here for 10 minutes more.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
          ...I'll be 50 in a few days...
          You haven't even hit your prime

Comment

I'm retiring soon as is the Child Bride. Looking forward to a good life.

For how long? Its not as important as the quality!

Regards,
            Dennis
            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Toiling away in bonded servitude to a half human, half Allosaurus slavemaster, bitterly regreting that none of us acted to stop Dr Sinister while there was still time.

Either that or living permanently at a tropical resort, sucking on a Pina colada and sharing a Spa with 5 girls named Amber and Tiffani, enjoying the millions that I swindled out of poor suckers by selling Renewable Energy Certificates.
              One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions - Admiral Grace Hopper

"The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity."
              Wu Cheng'en Monkey

Comment

In 30 years I will be still at the forums posting military stuff...

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

hmm 5 years. mid of going to university for some courses i still don;t know what they are.

10 years done university(hopefully) and be in the midst of a decent career or at least steady work. Focus on slowing down and see if someone special is there

20 years growing family, have my career and perhaps some young teens in my family.

30 years. Late Teens/moved out kids hmm look where my parents are as of now.

You can only have scant knowledge of how things will turn out but you still should dream on!
                  God didnít create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

10 years: Hopefully retired riding on my Harley across the USA. In reality probably still working since my ex gets half my retirement & I doubt if she's dead yet.

20 years: Hopefully retired giving promos on radio stations across the land on my biographical book. In reality living in subsidized housing since my health was so bad I had to quit work & my pension cut in half by my ex doesn't allow me to do anything other than watch Oprah reruns.

30 years: Climbing the Rockies hunting bears and laughing when people still try not to compare Jimmy Carter & Obama together. In reality bear scat since I refuse to go to an old folks home & wander into the wildnerss area covered in honey.
                    "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

In 10 years I'll be in space fighting against the marauding alien hordes. I am confident of this.
                      Wisdom is personal

Comment

You haven't even hit your prime

Indeed!

Retirement is for the dead & those biding their time waiting on it. I intend to work till I start me dirt nap.

Ideally Speaking & in that I can improve the Energy Efficiency of even a Cave...

(And before anybody freaks out, I ain't a tree hugger, I embrace solid science in addition to me faith...)

10 years: Director of Plant/Facilities Engineering & Construction & pushing the bounds of Energy Efficiency as a part & parcel of it on an International Scale - Lurvin Embrace & Global Historical Travel with me Child Bride.

20 Years: Consultant of Energy Efficiency as a part & parcel of Sustainable Structures & Human Dwelling on an International Scale - Lurvin Embrace & Global Historical Travel with me Child Bride.

30 Years: Consultant of Energy Efficiency as a part & parcel of Sustainable Structures & Human Dwelling on an International Scale, Preservation of 40'-71' era Tucks, & Automobiles, production of quality HotRods - Lurvin Embrace & Global Historical Travel with me Child Bride.

The last of each foremost in all...

God Willin!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss49 View Post
                          10 years: Hopefully retired riding on my Harley across the USA. In reality probably still working since my ex gets half my retirement & I doubt if she's dead yet.
                          Shame we don't live in the same part of the world or I'd put you in touch with Frankie Fingers.

But as to the OP I don't really care as long as my kids grow up safe and I am happily married.
                          Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                            Shame we don't live in the same part of the world or I'd put you in touch with Frankie Fingers.

But as to the OP I don't really care as long as my kids grow up safe and I am happily married.
                            Had a nightmare a few nights back. I came back to the States & someone found my ex dead, in my yard. Now, that would be a worse case scenario. The cops in my town do the easiest thing & thinking that a CSI team would come in and pick up the bad guy's DNA is laughable.
                            "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
                              I'm 46 now, with two boys, 11 & 13, so...

10: Kids out of the house. Wife and I enjoying each others' company more often and doing "grown-up" stuff. Still working, but considering retirement. Visiting kids and grandkids, likely living in Virginia Beach.

20: Completely retired - visiting grandkids and spoiling them.

30: Dead or dying...which would be a great feat for me to make it to my 70's, considering my disabilities and history of abusing my body in numerous ways.
                              You seriously want me to answer that?? 70s? your still young at 70 here am I knocking on 85and you start counting in days instead of years, if you wake up in the morning......still breathing........can swing your legs out of bed and start thinking about breakfast,Voila! You've got another day to look forward to!!
                              Last edited by lcm1; 15 Mar 10, 07:31.
                              'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                              " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X