Spring forward tonight in the US and Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring forward tonight in the US and Canada

For those on Daylight Saving Time - tonights the night. More specifically, 2am Sunday morning.

Long live the extra sunshine!

Does that mean those of us who live in countries which do not have DSL will have an hour of sunlight taken away? No wonder everyone gripes about developed nations.
    "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss49 View Post
      Does that mean those of us who live in countries which do not have DSL will have an hour of sunlight taken away? No wonder everyone gripes about developed nations.
      You've caught us. Global warming ain't nothing but the result of the development nations rat-holing all those extra hours of daylight that we've stolen over the years.

Comment

Leave it to the US Congress to screw up a concept as simple as Daylight Savings Time.
        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

DST is BS... something a Workoholic Capitaist Pirate came up with to rip us off of part of our weekend!

You notice they don't 'lose' an hour of the work week! oh No! you can't move the clocks ahead on Friday afternoon! you have to do it on Sunday and get pulled that much closer to your Monday return to work... It was probably Greenspan or someone like him!!
          BoRG
          "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
            DST is BS... something a Workoholic Capitaist Pirate came up with to rip us off of part of our weekend!

You notice they don't 'lose' an hour of the work week! oh No! you can't move the clocks ahead on Friday afternoon! you have to do it on Sunday and get pulled that much closer to your Monday return to work... It was probably Greenspan or someone like him!!
            I take umbrage at this!

I am a "Workaholic Capitalist Pirate" and I despise DST more than I despise the collected works of Al Gore!

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I feel sorry for the poor bloody cows that will have to get out of bed earlier to get milked.
              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                I take umbrage at this!

I am a "Workaholic Capitalist Pirate" and I despise DST more than I despise the collected works of Al Gore!

BoRG
                "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Just for the record, I HATE Daylight Savings Time. It's anachronistic and wasteful.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

My kids get to play outside longer, rather than going inside and playing videogames or with Barbies and GI Joes (the homework gets done first no matter what). For that reason alone, I'm a fan of the extra hour of sunlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Just for the record, I HATE Daylight Savings Time. It's anachronistic and wasteful.
                      Just for my own edification, how is it wasteful?

Comment

I agree with MM its a waste of time, keep it the same all the time
                        and forget that daylight savings crap...

Comment

Originally posted by DingBat View Post
                          Just for my own edification, how is it wasteful?
                          I'd bet that there is a measurable productivity loss in the first week or so of DST every year.
                          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Arizona is the best state to live in. They do not change times when it comes to DSL. Nope, they keep their same time & legally change TIME ZONES.
                            "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X