Death Wish...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Wish...

Last edited by Admiral; 13 Mar 10, 13:35.
    On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Video no worky.
    Last edited by Crash; 13 Mar 10, 10:54.
    #occupyarmchairgeneral.
    Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
    Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Worky!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Listen to the speed just this guy is going...

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Admiral, for a real Death Wish you have to want to mess with Charles Bronson. Nobody messed with Charles Bronson, unless they wanted a "Death Wish".

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
            Listen to the speed just this guy is going...

That video can't be real. The rider sat up right after claiming that the other bike passed him while he was going 190mph. Sorry, you don't sit up into the wind at 190mph and stay on the bike...

Comment

Oh I have me doubts he was doing 190mph, too... but judging by the rapidity of the center stripes to to his right, I'd say he was doing at least 160 & the other guy was doing 190.

As for him sitting up, I see no indication that he sat up much at all until he was doing around 130 or so - and even then, he was NOT actually "Sitting Up", the camera was on his torso. More like just the slightest motion he created when he reacted to the astonishment of the other guy blowing past him.

Now how would I know how the stripes one is passing would look at 150?

I've been to at least 155mph on an up-tuned 83' V65 Magna (they were de-tuned for sale due to the EPA) with upgraded forks & short wind jam on more than one occasion in me idiotic youth... and a V65 IS NOT as aerodynamic as a typical cafe racer! I could hold it firm in a simi-upright position up to around 130 when it became critical that one lower themself into the slip stream of the wind jam. I've also taken an up-tuned 86' V-Max(again, EPA de-tunes sux!) to slightly greater speeds, as well. (I HATE cafe racers & a - best - 10.21 second 1/4 mile was the absolute shizzle on a 'street legal' bike!)

I'm crazy, but I ain't all THAT crazy to be runnin a crotch rocket any faster - and certainly not any more!

Also, as a matter of observation over at least 2,400,000 miles (yes, that's 2.4 million logged miles as a former interstate owner operator) driving in North America I can easily point out that - and I'm sure Shaker could confirm this - that one will pass every other stripe on any typical highway in America at a little less than a second at 60 mph.

So I think I'll just have to disagree with your general observation the vid isn't "real" beyond that I too don't quite buy 190 for the camera bike, but the other guy could not possibly be doin a hell of lot less than 180mph - likely more, not less.

Regardless, them, boys is insane for such traffic!

For some comparison of 'passing scenery' at 177mph in an E90 on der Autobahn:

Last edited by Admiral; 14 Mar 10, 22:37.

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Gixxer oughta like this one!

Nutz, I say!

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Cat rocket

Comment

Stupid trolling monkey

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

The Darwin Awards are not restricted to humans.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

190 mph na, not even 190 kph. I've been that fast. MOST bike that go that fast you can't sit up straight due to the built end riders postion which is leaning forward, not leaning back as with some HD's.
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X