The Pacific

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pacific

Yep, it's coming up guys, this Sunday the 14th (correct me if I'm worng guys). I'm wondering how many of you guys will be watching the series as I know I will be watching.

I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD and blue ray, don't have HBO
    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

I'm having friends over for a watching party.

Really looking forward to the series!
      "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

I'd love to see it but I'll have to view it when it comes out on DVD.
        "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

It's listed as "coming soon" out here so I guess April/May for us. Still they are replaying Shogun next week so that will tide me over I hope.
          Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

I'll be watching. Does anyone know the unit that the series is based upon? I know that Hanks and Spielberg followed the path of Easy Co. of the 102nd Airborne in "Band Of Brothers". Did they do the same in this series? Will they have interviews with the actual veterans?

Last edited by Jose50; 12 Mar 10, 08:25.
            ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

DVD/R is set to record!
              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by jose50 View Post
                I'll be watching. Does anyone know the unit that the series is based upon? I know that Hanks and Spielberg followed the path of Easy Co. of the 102nd Airborne in "Band Of Brothers". Did they do the same in this series? Will they have interviews with the actual veterans?

I think it follows 2 groups? I know of two, maybe 3? Not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jose50 View Post

The format will be the same as Band of Brothers.

As for units this is where it differs from BoB,the series will profile Marines from the 1st and 7th Marine Regiments on Guadalcanal as part of the 1st Marine Division.
                  Much of the series should be centered around 1st Marine Division tho one of the main characters,Basilone,was part of the 5th Marine Division on Iwo Jima.
                  If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

I'm wondering how many of you guys will be watching the series as I know I will be watching.
                    Nott really interested in it att all. Just boring for me,I just cant gett into the asian ww2 warfare.

Comment

Its on Sky1 over here. I don't get Sky1...

With regards to the format, I believe it follows three central characters of varying enthusiasm for the fight shall we say in different units and their experiences of the Pacific war.

Comment

I am looking forward to it, but will wait for the DVD.

Comment

I liked the fist episode. Based more around one character than, like Band of Brothers, a unit. If anyone wants a summary I will post it.

Comment

I am a little late getting this out, but USA Today had a really big right up about it in their Life Section this weekend.

Comment

Does anyone know if you can watch it online? Most TV shows these days show their episodes online, however I think HBO is one of the few that don't do this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X