American Idol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Idol

Yeah, I know, laugh all you want, but I have been particularly impressed with one contestant, and I wanted to make a prediction: Siobahn Magnus.

She's the real deal - not too much affect to her voice but still unusual and noticable, and she is chameleon-like in her appearance.

Back to your regularly-scheduled barracks fluff....
    Last edited by CPangracs; 09 Mar 10, 10:22.

Some would be amazed at how the world can continue to turn without knowing of such stuff. Whoever gets it I hope has some talent...and moral integrity. So, how many unwed mothers/fathers are on it this year?
    "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss49 View Post
      Some would be amazed at how the world can continue to turn without knowing of such stuff. Whoever gets it I hope has some talent...and moral integrity. So, how many unwed mothers/fathers are on it this year?
      The usual...two or three....

The really cool thing is how many involved, married fathers there are in the competition - inspiring, for a change....

Comment

I'll watch "reality" and American Idol type shows when tangling with masses of electrified barbed wire quits being fun.
        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
          I'll watch "reality" and American Idol type shows when tangling with masses of electrified barbed wire quits being fun.
          Same here, yet to watch a full episode of any reality show.
          Wisdom is personal

Comment

I trust none of these shows where the viewing public supposedly calls in, ever see what each call cost. Just might be me, cynical as all h but I think the winner is pretty much known from the start and the callers just get duped into believing they have some input..
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
              What the man said.

Why do I like you D?

The only one that I try to watch on a regular bases is The Amazing Race. Not to see who wins but it goes to interesting places that I'll never get to.
              Last edited by Half Pint John; 10 Mar 10, 04:03.

Comment

"reality show" is an oxymoron...
                ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  What the man said.

Why do I like you D?

The only one that I try to watch on a regular bases is The Amazing Race. Not to see who wins but it goes to interesting places that I'll never get to.
                  I dunno, I really like "So You Think You Can Dance", but then again, more the Canadian version than the American. I found the Canadian dancers to take more risks and there was less of a "mom and apple pie" feel to the show. May be my Canadian bias showing.

At any rate, I appreciate the talent and skill exhibited on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by DingBat View Post
                    I dunno, I really like "So You Think You Can Dance", but then again, more the Canadian version than the American. I found the Canadian dancers to take more risks and there was less of a "mom and apple pie" feel to the show. May be my Canadian bias showing.

At any rate, I appreciate the talent and skill exhibited on the show.
                    To each their own I guess. I certainly understand your POV.

I also enjoyed Ice Road Truckers and American Logger until they became more soap opera than documentary. I could give a fig about the "real people," as I suppose the networks want us to see them, on these shows.

My one concession to this genre is Pawn Shop. Its learning with a dash of sit-com on the side, or vice versa. It makes no pretentions about being "reality" TV.

Regards,
                    Dennis
                    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

I must say i never took to reality tv.
                      I mean Big Brother,you sit in your house watching people who i can only imagine have severe mental problems sitting in their house.
                      And my wife wonders why i drink.

Comment

American Idol does showcase some very talented people.

Check out Crystal Bowersox performance from a few days ago:

"The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Bang up job.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X