Airline Pilot Impersonator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airline Pilot Impersonator

An airline pilot impersonator was arrested in the cockpit of a 737 as he was powering up the aircraft and getting ready for takeoff. The man was carrying a fake pilot's license.

Damn, this got me thinking and worrying. What if...what if I'm taking a taxi to the airport and my driver is a taxi driver impersonator? Can you imagine possible consequences?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe....html?hpt=Sbin

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
    An airline pilot impersonator was arrested in the cockpit of a 737 as he was powering up the aircraft and getting ready for takeoff. The man was carrying a fake pilot's license.

Damn, this got me thinking and worrying. What if...what if I'm taking a taxi to the airport and my driver is a taxi driver impersonator? Can you imagine possible consequences?
    I don't know about where you live, but around here, taxi drivers do an excellent impression of someone who's learning how to drive.

Comment

I've always wanted to go to Pakistan and become a taxi driver.

Comment

There was a good movie about this very thing
        Last edited by Miss Saigon; 04 Mar 10, 21:28.

Comment

Anybody hear about the air traffic controller that brought his kids to work 2 days in a row and let his kids do his job for 4-5 mins
          "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe....html?hpt=Sbin
            At least the man knew how to fly a plane. He's had a license in the past, and it only expired recently. I would be more worried if that were his first time sitting in a cockpit.

And of course we can't double check if our pilots know what they are doing thanks to TERRORISM! and our fears that Al Queda is going to storm the cockpit.

So I suggest taking the train. Er, actually, not with AMTRAK's safety record. Ok, just don't leave your house. That seems like the only safe option nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
              Anybody hear about the air traffic controller that brought his kids to work 2 days in a row and let his kids do his job for 4-5 mins
              Yep. Between fake pilots and 8yo air traffic controllers I might catch the train more often.
              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

I wounder if my dads valid chuffer licence will get me in to a cock pitt?
                att least its valid!

Nowe about the kids taking control of airliners traffic! what the f**k,there ist human lives at stake here,what was the mann thinking?

In the link it stated that he flew for Belguim,GreatBriton and dutch,but I thought you have to be an citzen of a country before you fly the nations aircraft,he could have three diferent nationalies aswell!

Comment

I wonder if he had to take off his shoes going through security

Comment

Originally posted by ELLE View Post
                    I wounder if my dads valid chuffer licence will get me in to a cock pitt?
                    Cock pitt?

Careful with the spelling.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Cock pitt?

Careful with the spelling.
                      Was ELLE thinking of hers?
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Saigon View Post

There was a good movie about this very thing

A movie about a real person, more or less based on fact.
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

If the fraudster isn't an actual terrorist he's going to wish he was by the time the stress position and water boarding party is over.

There are certain criminal acts which are especially idiotic in these times. Trying to "borrow" an airliner would be one of them.

The fact that Capt Substitute was even able to take the seat in the cockpit should tell us everything we need to know about how effective TSA security methodologies truly are. I'm so happy I don't have to fly for work anymore, it's only a matter of time until another terrorist incident involving an airliner takes place.

Comment

Originally posted by milbrat View Post
                            If the fraudster isn't an actual terrorist he's going to wish he was by the time the stress position and water boarding party is over.

There are certain criminal acts which are especially idiotic in these times. Trying to "borrow" an airliner would be one of them.

The fact that Capt Substitute was even able to take the seat in the cockpit should tell us everything we need to know about how effective TSA security methodologies truly are. I'm so happy I don't have to fly for work anymore, it's only a matter of time until another terrorist incident involving an airliner takes place.
                            Of course its equally likely the next big incident could involve a semi, bus, or subway train. Should I not enjoy or change my life-style because of concerns about this? Doesn't seem like a good alternative to me.

Regards,
                            Dennis
                            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Probably stayed at Holiday Inn Express the nite before...

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X