Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Reliable is Armchair General for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Reliable is Armchair General for you?

I like to keep in touch with any problems that membership is having accessing our forums and I would be very interested to know how well our connection is working for everyone. Please take a moment and select an option in the poll that best describes your satisfaction level with the performance of our site. Along with the survey we have running on our site, this data will help us plan for the future, including possibly upgrading to faster servers at some point.

I've made the poll public so that I can see if there are any problems consistent with overseas users.

Thanks.
    5 (best)
    45.10%
    47.06%
    5.88%
    1.96%
    1 (worst)
    0.00%
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

There are slow days but it's usually due to my bad connection.

Comment

I am having trouble getting ACG to make my dinner

Comment

I gave it a 4 because it occasionally times out but it could be a problem from my end in which case I would give it a 5.
        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Occasionally refuses to load.

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
            I gave it a 4 because it occasionally times out but it could be a problem from my end in which case I would give it a 5.
            What he said.

A lot of times when I first log in I can't get to view anything, so I have to refresh the main page. And in the late afternoon/early evenings I have many time outs, unable to connect.
            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
            Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
            Mark Twain.

Comment

The only time I had any problems it turned out to be a conflict between my security suite and my browser. 5 out of 5 from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                What he said.

A lot of times when I first log in I can't get to view anything, so I have to refresh the main page. And in the late afternoon/early evenings I have many time outs, unable to connect.
                If you are having problems at a specific time of the day, please use Greenwich Mean Time so I can standardize the responses from around the world.
                Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

This is the only forum I'm a member of, so I have no basis of comparison. However, if there is something out there that is better, it must be from another planet. The reliability of ACG is excellent.

Comment

I have good access to ACG.

My only 3 complaints

-There are times that ACG just won't load. often fixed by doing something else for a while.

- using a separate computer to view ACG (online survey causes annoyance but is understandable)

Edit* Just Remembered I'm having an issue that when i press submit post it takes forever to load and9/10 times it takes me to a screen that says i can't post more than once every 30 seconds. My post sends but is an annoyance
                    Last edited by Jay217; 01 Mar 10, 17:51.
                    God didnít create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Saigon View Post
                      I am having trouble getting ACG to make my dinner
                      I am with you Miss Saigon....if only ACG could cook dinner and we would be very content
                      "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                      "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

I give it a 4 because I do have some lag at least once a day.

Then again, I am here a lot. So maybe that is to be expected. Overall, my experience is excellent.

Oh yeah, in case it helps: my connection is 22Mbps so I don't think the lag is on my IP end.
                        History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                        _________
                        BoRG

Comment

What are you trying to feed us this week? My pop-up blocker is working harder then a ***** on a battleship.

The only load problem I have is the huge steamy stinky loads my fellow posters pile straight from Fox, Limbaugh, and Beck into the Political Forum.

Other then that, no problems since switching to Firefox.
                          Last edited by Crash; 01 Mar 10, 23:15.
                          #occupyarmchairgeneral.
                          Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
                          Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
                            What are you trying to feed us this week? My pop-up blocker is working harder then a ***** on a battleship.

The only load problem I have is the huge steamy stinky loads my fellow posters pile straight from Fox, Limbaugh, and Beck into the Political Forum.

Other then that, no problems since switching to Firefox.
                            Firefox is consistently faster than Internet Explorer for me also.

I do have some slow times, but I believe it is traffic and weather related more than anything else.

It does seem much faster whenever Crash is not online.
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Jay217 View Post
                              I have good access to ACG.

My only 3 complaints

-There are times that ACG just won't load. often fixed by doing something else for a while.

- using a separate computer to view ACG (online survey causes annoyance but is understandable)

Edit* Just Remembered I'm having an issue that when i press submit post it takes forever to load and9/10 times it takes me to a screen that says i can't post more than once every 30 seconds. My post sends but is an annoyance
                              A problem that I occasionally get is I spend a while with my 'two finger' typing on a fairly long answer, click on the Answer and up on the screen comes 'Whoops unable....' and I know that the odds are that I have lost my mail!! To say that I am a little Peeved is putting it mildly! Why it happens beats me, because I go through the routine again and it is OK??
                              Last edited by lcm1; 01 Mar 10, 23:51.
                              'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                              " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X