Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Messiah has come! And he can be found in Centralia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Messiah has come! And he can be found in Centralia!

One of the things that makes Children's Ministry rewarding is some of the unpredictable things that can come out of a child's mouth. Yesterday I was doing the communion meditation for the Children's Church when all of a sudden a little three year old flags me down and asks "Are you Jesus?"

As tempting as it was to say "No, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express" I resisted the urge and corrected the little boy's misidentification.

Still, from the mouths of babes..... I can see where comparisons might be drawn. I do have the beard going on. And then there is my boundless compassion, righteous moral virtue, mighty spiritual strength -

Hey! I was only joking God!

This goes on my list of funny church happenings, right up there with when one of the kids during Prayer/Praise time listed a praise that his grandma hit the jackpot on a slot machine!
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Hey Tyler, are you near that place I saw in a science article that has a coal mine that caught fire years ago and is supposed to be still burning even now?

It was supposed to be in Centralia.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by pirateship1982 View Post
      One of the things that makes Children's Ministry rewarding is some of the unpredictable things that can come out of a child's mouth. Yesterday I was doing the communion meditation for the Children's Church when all of a sudden a little three year old flags me down and asks "Are you Jesus?"

As tempting as it was to say "No, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express" I resisted the urge and corrected the little boy's misidentification.

Still, from the mouths of babes..... I can see where comparisons might be drawn. I do have the beard going on. And then there is my boundless compassion, righteous moral virtue, mighty spiritual strength -

Hey! I was only joking God!

This goes on my list of funny church happenings, right up there with when one of the kids during Prayer/Praise time listed a praise that his grandma hit the jackpot on a slot machine!
      Great stuff. kids are funny, somtimes they remain me of a good and fatihful hound dog. other times not so much.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
        Hey Tyler, are you near that place I saw in a science article that has a coal mine that caught fire years ago and is supposed to be still burning even now?

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2196

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post

Nope. We're a factory town. The only natural resource for the nearest hundred miles is corn. And more corn. And soybeans. And, yes, even more corn.
          A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

My older brother was an Army Chaplain & he visited a young couple encouraging them to come to church. So they told their young toddler that they were going to "God's House" this Sunday. That Sunday when my older brother went up front the young boy asked quite loudly, "Is that God?"
            "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

So CV finally made it to MO.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X