Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emailing your work

I want to ask everyone a question, I guess it's a morality thing:

What would you do if someone you disagreed with on this (or any other) forum emailed your boss with derogatory comments, based solely on your personal conduct, not about your work?

What brings this question about, is someone who shall remain nameless did just that...
    Do nothing
    0.00%
    let your boss deal with it
    15.38%
    report them to authorities for cybercrime
    7.69%
    flame them
    61.54%
    do the same to them
    15.38%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Dog 1; 13 Feb 03, 15:44.
    There is only one tactial principal which is not subject to change, That is to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.
    - General George S. Patton, Jr

The first thing I would do would be to announce who it was to the rest of the forum, so everybody would know who the chickensh!t is.

Comment

Flame them, and explain the situation to your boss. Unless he's a jerk it shouldn't be an issue.

Assuming the unnamed someone is who I think it is, my suspicions of trolldom have been blatantly confirmed.

Whomever it is, thier conduct nauseates me.
      "Lord... forgive me my actions, speech and thoughts. Because, Lord, I am seriously going to kick some unrighteous ass in Your Name, Amen."
      Princess of Wands by John Ringo (Jan 2006)

http://www.baen.com/chapters/W200601...9232.htm?blurb

Comment

The dogs are tracking....the culprit will be expunged from this site if we find out who took this low road.

OTOH don't make any baseless accusations. Let's be sure it was someone from this site before we start rumors.
        Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

That's just shameful behavior, and goes waaaay beyond just being an ass on public forums. If true (beyond a shadow of a doubt), log their IP and ban them.

I came here from the NGs to get away from this kind of thing. Adults acting like this make me sick.
          Attached Files
          "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Luckily we log IP addresses here at HQ and I am working with Dog1's IT deptartment to go through their email logs and track the IP address of the person that sent in the form email to Dog1's place of work. Beware if their is a match...

Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

This

And all over a game forum; I suggest a one way ticket to Iraq...

Kerry
              "All that is gold does not glitter..."

Comment

That's low, very low behavior if somebody really did that

Comment

Many of us strive to some degree or another to keep our personal lives separate from our professional lives; to have that degree of separation between work and home. To have someone do this is unconssionable and should be punished in the severest way possible.
                  Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

I hope it wasn't someone on this board. If it was they will get banned for good; I have NO mercy for crap like that.

_Tim
                    "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

Jeez, don't be giving out your work email...that's the real world. Real **** happens there...
                      And we are here as on a darkling plain
                      Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
                      Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Matthew Arnold

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Neely
                        Assuming the unnamed someone is who I think it is, my suspicions of trolldom have been blatantly confirmed.
                        Do you think it was really that person Dan, me too. They shouldn't get way with it. What's the world coming to eh ?

Comment

Do I detect a note of sarcasm?
                          "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

...very sad
                            this community has turned from a gamers forum where adults talked about games and history of warfare into a playground where childish behaviour has become omnipresent, personal insults tolerated and now there are even people who get molested in a most detestable fashion in their private life.

ban them , burn them...but it will not be the solution to the problem.

..oh, and I do wish the "boss" who got that e-mail is showing more respect to someones private opinions than a number of people on this forum do!
                            "you come from nothing,
                            you go to nothing,
                            what have you lost?
                            nothing!"
                            Monty Python

Comment

Well said

Rince, I think that everyone needs to step back and consider the purpose of this forum.
                              "Teamwork is essential - it gives the Enemy someone else to shoot at"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X