European - War
    4.55%
    European - War only with UN resolution
    21.21%
    European - Preferably with UN resolution
    4.55%
    European - Undecided
    1.52%
    Last edited by markoy; 13 Feb 03, 14:19.

I'm a Canuck. Close enough.
    "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

You may not agree with any of my views, but all I am doing is conducting a poll. So votes for any optionwould be gratefully appreciated.

Comment

You should mention that there are alot of people that aren't Yank or Euro. Canadians, Aussies, Kiwis, etc.
        "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

I guess I should of had an extra couple of options for non-euro, non-amero people. Sorry to the Canadians, Australians etc...

Sorry

Comment

Well, us Canucks are probably closer to Yanks than anything else, so I went with that option. Where are you from in Europe?

Winston Churchill

Comment

UK

Comment

would prefer a resolution but don't think it's worth the massive bribes we expended to get one the last time. THe UN is a farce and not worth the effort.
                "Lord... forgive me my actions, speech and thoughts. Because, Lord, I am seriously going to kick some unrighteous ass in Your Name, Amen."
                Princess of Wands by John Ringo (Jan 2006)

http://www.baen.com/chapters/W200601...9232.htm?blurb

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Neely
                  would prefer a resolution but don't think it's worth the massive bribes we expended to get one the last time. THe UN is a farce and not worth the effort.
                  I appreciate that Dan. Sometimes though it is interesting just see how the numbers stack up. Obviously I am totally aware of the misgivings in polls, surveys etc. Sometimes it is just nice to look at some quantatitive data and interpret it as it is.

Comment

That was my vote as well. The US has to be willing to forge on alone. Everyone else looks to them to do all the dirty work, but they sure as hell want in when it's time to decide WHAT to do.

That's not to say that the US should just blow off everyone else; global support is a GOOD thing. But it isn't the whole shebang

Winston Churchill

Comment

All for war....

Hello,

I voted for the war with no UN resolution.

Don't like UN, it's an ineffective organization.

I don't want a UN resolution that would bog down my American troops, and having to wait for the red tape to be cut down before even going to bathroom or even place a magazine clip in a gun in middle of Iraqi desert.

Dan
                      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Re: All for war....

Originally posted by Cheetah772
                        Hello,

I voted for the war with no UN resolution.

Don't like UN, it's an ineffective organization.

I don't want a UN resolution that would bog down my American troops, and having to wait for the red tape to be cut down before even going to bathroom or even place a magazine clip in a gun in middle of Iraqi desert.

Dan
                        Yepp, it's a lot cheeper to buy coalition partners than to convince the UN. What was it the Turkey wants in return for allowing US troops to attack Iraq from their borders? 15 billion dollars and the north Iraq with its rich oil region
                        Now if Kuwait, Saudi Arabia or Katar would charge the same amount from the US the war would be too expencive to even bother planing it

Ooops, off topic, sorry, couldn't resist replying
                        "The conventional army loses if it does not win. The guerrilla wins if he does not lose."

Henry Alfred Kissinger

Comment

A UN resolution that tried to limit our freedom of action would be bad. Either we get something that doesn't let them meddle in our operations or nothing at all. If it was just the US I was concerned about, I'd tell the UN to jump in a lake and kick off the attack asap. Unfortunately Tony Blair's political carreer will be in jeopardy unless he gets a resolution, as long as it doesn't hinder our operations. Until we get fully deployed though, there's no harm in trying to help him out though.
                          "Lord... forgive me my actions, speech and thoughts. Because, Lord, I am seriously going to kick some unrighteous ass in Your Name, Amen."

Comment

I put American Undecided because I'm against a possible war given current information but would change my mind if I thought either

A. Saddam was involved in 9-11 or supports Al-Qaeda via money or protection within Iraq.
                            B. Saddam would divert his WMD to Islamist terrorist organizations.
                            C. The Iraqi's would cheer our forces as we liberated Baghdad.

Comment

From what I've heard a defector say number 3 is probabally true. I'll try and find hte link later, but the line that's sticking in my head is "they won't surrender at teh 1st shot fired, they'll surrender when they hear the 1st abrahms starting it's engine". The republican gaurd will probabally fight, they've got too much too lose if sadam goes down, but the conscript army, and by inference the civilian population as a whole can't wait to see him leave. I've also seen a blog that's purportedly being written from iraq claiming the same thing, but I can't vouch for it's authenticity.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X