Canada to send combat group to Afghanistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada to send combat group to Afghanistan

As the title says, Canada will be sending a combat group of approx. 1000 troops and a Bde level HQ to Afghanistan. This time though they'll be there as part of the international peacekeeping force. Word is either Canada or Spain will take over command of the force from Germany in 6 months time.

Well I guess this move takes the heat off of the PM for not rushing troops to Iraq in support of the US campaign there.
    Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Have they got US bomb proof hats ?

Comment

Well, that pretty much rules out committing Canadian troops to Iraq. A smart move by the government. It avoids a direct 'NO' to the USA in regards providing combat support in Iraq, yet seemingly still supporting the USA in Afghanistan (even if under the UN banner). I think its a good move. We should be more or less committing to UN peacekeeping missions, as the number one priority.

Comment

Originally posted by markoy
        Have they got US bomb proof hats ?
        Hahahaha!

Even though those boys were from Edmonton (my home town), you've gotta keep a sense of humor about you at all times!
        "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
          Berlin.1945
          by casanova
          The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
          Yesterday, 23:41
        • casanova
          AW 169M
          by casanova
          The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
          Yesterday, 23:26
        • JBark
          What changed?
          by JBark
          There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
          Yesterday, 18:54
        Working...
        X