Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever met...

...President G. W. Bush?

I met him at our school when he was there talking.

I don't want this to turn into a debte or anything, I was just curious. Even though I don't agree with most things he or the government ing eneral does (but who really does?) I felt very honored to meet him.

Not only does he have a resounding presence in person, he seems very personable in speech, attitude and demeanor.

I was invited not once, but TWICE to see him speak. I declined my first ticket (Why? I dont know) and then was invited again by an aide. So I went to sit front row, center with my Newspaper photographers (I was the EiC) and got to meet him.

He called me 'Big Guy.'

I met him a Camp Lejeune during a speech before OIF.

Semper Fi

Comment

What did you think of him?

Comment

I met him back in 2002 when he came here campaigning for the Republicans. There was about 5,000 folks in that hangar (it was an ANG hangar at the airport), but I had a good clear view of him during the speech. I also got to shake his hand after it. Seemed like a very nice guy.
        "Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for"
        "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching"

Comment

Yes he does.

But the positions he's put in on a daily basis can cause some people to think otherwise.

But it's like my teacher, Davis, says: 'We elect someone to blame.'

I concur.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm
            But it's like my teacher, Davis, says: 'We elect someone to blame.'

I concur.
            That is very true. We seem to get a president to blame certain troubles on.

Skoal!

Comment

Davis is almost as smart as me. :thumb:

Comment

My understanding is that one on one he seems very smart, does anyone know weather thats true. It be interesting to know b/c of how he is percieved.

Comment

Define smart.

Comment

W

I had im in my crosshairs once but the ****er sneezed. Just kidding. Really...just kidding.
                    Life is precious, but also cheap. For without war, there is no peace. GS ~ A Soldier's Ghost. A Warrior's Soul.

Comment

Jackass sez what

George W. perceived as not smart?!? He goes..."...Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....badeep, badeep,...... Can't get fooled again." Alriiiight. The President is a Who fan!
                      Life is precious, but also cheap. For without war, there is no peace. GS ~ A Soldier's Ghost. A Warrior's Soul.

Comment

He only lives a few miles down the road from me but we don't travel in the same circles.
                        "War is the remedy our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want."
                        General William "Uncle Billy" Sherman

Comment

Gee I wonder why Brad
                          Govenour Of Texas and all southern provinces. Kepper Of The Holy Woodchipper.

Comment

No, but I've seen Kerry. The SOB didn't even get the name of our school right.

Comment

Hey Storm, what part of WV are you in? I saw he was in Charleston for the 4th, and he's apparently going to Beckley soon... Beckley! That shows how important each and every battleground state is during this election - if a Republican President is going to Beckley WV... sheesh.

Well, hopefully his visits will get some of the residents there to vote for reasons other than 'well, my daddy voted Democrat, so I'm gonna do it, too.' Who knows, with any luck, they'll break the spell and eventually get rid of Byrd and Rockefeller, too.

Anyhow, as for meeting W... I never have. Hopefully that'll change in a few weeks.
                              Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X