Any Reservoir Dogs fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Reservoir Dogs fans here?

Just wondering if there's anyone else out there who was (is) as obssessed with this Tarantino film as I was (am).

I've just bought my SIXTH copy of Reservoir Dogs. Six copies of the same film. That even exceeds my five copies of the original Star Wars trilogy (in various editions).

I've got an old US NTSC copy that I obtained before it was released over here.

I've got the bog-standard VHS widescreen release.

I've got two special edition VHS box-sets.

I've got the bog-standard DVD.

And today, I've got the Special Edition DVD.

Can't stop myself.

Regards,

Mr White.

...no, Dr. S. Argh!
    Attached Files
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Wanna see it but havent.
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Great movie.

Comment

Not a fan of Tarantino whatsoever. Saw Kill Bill volume 1. Hated it. Sorry Doc.
        http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

QT is awesome, however I haven't seen either Volume because they're the only ones that look horrendous.

Comment

i still like "dusk till dawn" the best.
            i yam what i yam and thats what i yam!

Comment

RD is by far Tarrantino's best movie. Pulp Fiction runs a close second.

Keitel, Roth, and Buscemi are excellent.

"I don't tip. I don't believe in it."
              "When you die on the battlefield, make sure that your corpse faces the enemy camp."
              -Hakagure

Comment

Reservoir Dogs is definitely Tarantino's best.

Mr. Blonde is the man, after I saw that movie, "Stuck in the Middle With You" became my song. Now whenever any of my friends hear it, they immediately think of me (and probably get a little nervous).

'From Dusk Till Dawn' is great, although technically not a Tarantino movie (although he was a writer). 'True Romance' is another movie he wrote (his first actually) and is fantastic.
                “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Reservoir Dogs is my #1 favourite.

Pulp Fiction would be a close second - but still a definite second (if you see what I mean).

Jackie Brown was OK, but just doesn't have the quotable lines of the first two.

Haven't seen Kill Bill, either volume, so cannot comment.

Don't like True Romance because it's not the full Tarantino experience. Same for Natural Born Killers. From Dusk Till Dawn is great, but the part of 4 Rooms he directed was dragged down by the general weirdness of the film - it was OK, just, odd...

Dr. S.
                  Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Re: Any Reservoir Dogs fans here?

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
                    Just wondering if there's anyone else out there who was (is) as obssessed with this Tarantino film as I was (am).

I've just bought my SIXTH copy of Reservoir Dogs. Six copies of the same film. That even exceeds my five copies of the original Star Wars trilogy (in various editions).

I've got an old US NTSC copy that I obtained before it was released over here.

I've got the bog-standard VHS widescreen release.

I've got two special edition VHS box-sets.

I've got the bog-standard DVD.

And today, I've got the Special Edition DVD.

Can't stop myself.

Regards,

Mr White.

...no, Dr. S. Argh!
                    Doc,

Now might be the time to seriously consider therapy. I have been able to limit myself to only one copi of this film. I waited until DVD version came out because I wanted it in widescreen. Its definately Tarantino's best work, but I like Pulp Fiction too.
                    Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

saw it...and enjoyed it. I remember Steve Buscemi standing out for moi! ("cmon, guys, we are professionals!") I've liked his work ever since!

6 copies! Any additional footage or scenes in the DVD special edition?
                      All your ACG posts are belong to us!

Comment

Originally posted by Patrocles
                        saw it...and enjoyed it. I remember Steve Buscemi standing out for moi! ("cmon, guys, we are professionals!") I've liked his work ever since!

6 copies! Any additional footage or scenes in the DVD special edition?
                        Yeah, a sequence in which Larry (Mr White) is identified by his mugshots and some background history of his previous crimes (possibly removed because of the awful acting of the female Police Officer in that scene), some bits with Freddy (Mr Orange) talking to his partner, and two separate angles of THAT scene with the razor.

Planning to watch it with the commentary on this evening.

I think the US DVD Special Edition might have been out for a while - but it's only just out over here.

The odd thing is - my other DVD copy is much lighter than the Special Edition - it's like the brightness got turned up. The colour is better on the Special.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
                          Yeah, a sequence in which Larry (Mr White) is identified by his mugshots and some background history of his previous crimes (possibly removed because of the awful acting of the female Police Officer in that scene), some bits with Freddy (Mr Orange) talking to his partner, and two separate angles of THAT scene with the razor.

Planning to watch it with the commentary on this evening.

I think the US DVD Special Edition might have been out for a while - but it's only just out over here.

The odd thing is - my other DVD copy is much lighter than the Special Edition - it's like the brightness got turned up. The colour is better on the Special.

Dr. S.
                          Is it a "super bit" DVD?
                          Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

It is a really good movie, I don't know about owning that many copies though lol.... I love Steve Buscemi's acting.

"Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams
                              Is it a "super bit" DVD?
                              No idea - it doesn't say so on the box. Is there another way of telling?

I must confess that I haven't heard the phrase before...

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X