• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New generation of Stealth Ships.

I thought the Navy fans might appreciate this story I found:

Stealth ships steam ahead

Mmmm.....Stealth Ships. :thumb:

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Why the Hell do the Swedes need stealth ships?
    Minister Of Propaganda For Sinister Inc.

"Look! The enemy is inviting us to defeat them! We must oblige them!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stage
      Useful for smuggling ABBA records I guess.

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Those Bastards! I knew they were up to something!

Spankings!! Spankings for all of them!!!!!
        :bang: :bang: :armed:

Comment

Maybe they are looking to regain their glory days of the early 1600s (when Gustuv II was alive) and conquer Scandinavia and the Germanies. They'll probably go after Britain, too, which is why they are developing stealth ships too.

Anyone heard on the Philidelphia Experiment?
          "You realize that if I could actually purchase a weapon, I would stab you with it now?" --Roy, Order of the Stick #136

Governor of South Florida, Cuba, Louisiana, Manhattan, Hawaii, Illinois, Moon and Mars. Chief of Cybernetics Div., S.INC

Comment

Originally posted by Bariman
            Maybe they are looking to regain their glory days of the early 1600s (when Gustuv II was alive) and conquer Scandinavia and the Germanies. They'll probably go after Britain, too, which is why they are developing stealth ships too.

Anyone heard on the Philidelphia Experiment?
            Yes - is there a definitive "true" story on that? It's difficult to separate fact from fiction.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

The Swedes like the Swiss believe in armed nutrality. That combined with continual SOVIET encrouchment on Swedish territory meant that they always had to have a first class navy for the Baltic. The Visby's are just a logical follow-on to the Goteberg/Stockholm Corvettes.

Visby

Good Naval Technology website
              http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/index.html

Cheers!

Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

No, unfortunately the "Philedephia Experiment" is nothing more than an interesting story. The crew members of the USS Eldridge actualy are quite angry about the stories going round about them and their ship. The source of the "experiment" story has more or less been debunked.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
                  Yes - is there a definitive "true" story on that? It's difficult to separate fact from fiction.

Dr. S.

The official story is that the U.S.S. Elbridge (or El Brige, or Albridge, something like that) was nowhere near Phili at the time in quesdtion (1943). Even the surviving members of the crew say they weren't ever there. The invisibility concept might have been a misunderstanding if a degaussing system they would make a ship "invisible" to magnetic mines. Even though I am an admitted conspiracy nut, I find that more plausible than a ship being teleported 200 miles away, then back again.

(For C&C: Red Alert fans, this is the inspiration for the Allies' Chronosphere.)
                  "You realize that if I could actually purchase a weapon, I would stab you with it now?" --Roy, Order of the Stick #136

Governor of South Florida, Cuba, Louisiana, Manhattan, Hawaii, Illinois, Moon and Mars. Chief of Cybernetics Div., S.INC

Comment

No, unfortunately the "Philedephia Experiment" is nothing more than an interesting story. The crew members of the USS Eldridge actualy are quite angry about the stories going round about them and their ship. The source of the "experiment" story has more or less been debunked.

Oh, so its the 'Eldridge'? Thanks. I could never find out exactly what the ship's name was. Didn't we sell it the the Greeks or Italians years later?

Comment

Supposedly (I believe I got it off of strategypage and one other source - an academic journal) the Chinese are way ahead of the game in this field...
                      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
                        Supposedly (I believe I got it off of strategypage and one other source - an academic journal) the Chinese are way ahead of the game in this field...
                        What - smuggling ABBA records?

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

They love "Dancing Queen" over there!
                          “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Those Bastards! I knew they were up to something!

Spankings!! Spankings for all of them!!!!!
                            :bang: :bang: :armed:
                            And then the...oh this isn't the place for this kind of talk. Only in Castle Anthrax does that occur!

I've heard about those ships, I thought the US and UK were a little closer to having them done though.
                            The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
                              And then the...oh this isn't the place for this kind of talk. Only in Castle Anthrax does that occur!
                              "You must come, you are in the most terrible danger."

"Err, I don't think I am actually..."

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
                              I've heard about those ships, I thought the US and UK were a little closer to having them done though.
                              I'm led to believe that the British Duke Class Frigates reportedly have a certain amount of stealthiness attributed to them, but it's not the whole shebang.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X