ACG Support Group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACG Support Group?

I think we may need to start a 12-step group for ACG forum members.

ACG has three issues out, and I own 5 copies, 2 of the second and 2 of the third. I bought the first issue as soon as I saw it on a newstand. Unfortunaltely too late to enter the first contest. The second issue came out, and I promptly purchased it. Then with the deadline looming fo the second contest, I couldn't find my copy, so, I bought another one. I finally caved and subscribed. But I got impatient. I was missing out on discussions because I didn't have my copy to read the articles, and couldn't download the game without the code. I bought issue 3. 5 days later issue 3 arrived in the mail, first issue of my subscription. I have no regrets.

All day long at work I peek in to see the latest posts. I go home and log in and exchange PMs. Many mornings I log in to see what has been posted overnight.

Help.

My name is Iron Mike.
    Retreat hell, we just got here. Every Marine, a rifleman.

Never let the facts get in the way of the truth.

This is the second step, Mike. Realizing you have a problem (still thinking about the 'outside'). But, after a while, you'll realize that it's better this way. Problem solved!
    "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Re: ACG Support Group?

Originally posted by Iron Mike USMC
      I think we may need to start a 12-step group for ACG forum members.

ACG has three issues out, and I own 5 copies, 2 of the second and 2 of the third. I bought the first issue as soon as I saw it on a newstand. Unfortunaltely too late to enter the first contest. The second issue came out, and I promptly purchased it. Then with the deadline looming fo the second contest, I couldn't find my copy, so, I bought another one. I finally caved and subscribed. But I got impatient. I was missing out on discussions because I didn't have my copy to read the articles, and couldn't download the game without the code. I bought issue 3. 5 days later issue 3 arrived in the mail, first issue of my subscription. I have no regrets.

All day long at work I peek in to see the latest posts. I go home and log in and exchange PMs. Many mornings I log in to see what has been posted overnight.

Help.

My name is Iron Mike.
      I'm Doctor Sinister, and I'm an ACG-aholic.

I share your pain.

The highlight of my day is scanning the new posts, exchanging banter with the chaps, laughing at the crazy stuff going on, filling my brain with knowledge, trying to find snippets of information I can post in the more serious forums, or daft things to put into the FFZ.

I have two copies of issue 1, one of issue 2 and I'm still wondering where the hell issue 3 has got to (takes me about 6 weeks to receive it in the UK as a subscriber).

My Wife is tearing her hair out.

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

WARNING****WARNING****WARNING

Do NOT attempt to cure this ACG disease. Any attempt to rid yourself of it may prove to be fatal. The only cure is to subscribe to ACG in perpituity. This is the only known antidote. :thumb:
        Publisher
        Armchair General Magazine
        Weider History Group

Comment

Originally posted by Keef
          WARNING****WARNING****WARNING

Do NOT attempt to cure this ACG disease. Any attempt to rid yourself of it may prove to be fatal. The only cure is to subscribe to ACG in perpituity. This is the only known antidote. :thumb:
          :drool: WE OBEY.....

Dr. S.
          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

High I am Major BarcelonaBlom and I am a ACG-holic. I can't live without ACGahol. Even now I am braving a Severe Thunderstorm and a Tornado Watch until 9:00 PM local time to be here. (For all you Chapelle fans out there) Drugs and ACGkahol ruined my life. (Not really, they have turned it for the better.)
            The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Ha ha ha, look at all the AGC-aholics! :crazy: They're so pitiful. I'm not one. Really I'm not. Stop saying I am. I'm not in denial, you're in approval. I'm not denying I'm in denial. I'm leaving now, I have to go hoard every AGC magazine I can find. :armed:
              "Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for"
              "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching"

Comment

Lookout! I lost my 1st Magazine!!! Oh the gods are very evil indeed! I think I might have to go to extreme measures on this one if you know what I mean.:bang:
                The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Comment

Addicted to the magazine and forums? Not me, don't know what you're all talking about. :bowdown: :spill: :bang:
                  http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

(must...control...the...voices...)

I'm on the website staff, and I've yet to receive this month's issue. I might have to join Blom in his extreme measures actions if I don't get my ACG printed fix soon!
                    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
                      Lookout! I lost my 1st Magazine!!! Oh the gods are very evil indeed! I think I might have to go to extreme measures on this one if you know what I mean.:bang:
                      I will have to buy a backissue dum dum duuuummmm!

Comment

I really need to think about subscribing at some point.......

*is a forum freeloader....*:whistle:
                        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer

You are not deserving of the rank of Major, sir! Tsk Tsk tsk you are missing out!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno
                            (must...control...the...voices...)

I'm on the website staff, and I've yet to receive this month's issue. I might have to join Blom in his extreme measures actions if I don't get my ACG printed fix soon!
                            I just got mine today. I was kinda wondering what happened to it.
                            "Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for"
                            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching"

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer

You...must...join...us...

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X