Met the Most Amazing Man Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met the Most Amazing Man Today

Through a mutual friend of my parents, today I was introduced to to LT. Edward Kimmel, bombadier of the B-24 Liberator "Mercy Me", 466 bomb group 2nd Division. He was stationed out of Addlebridge, England from Dec. 44 to VE Day. He was suprised that I was interested in WWII and talked with me for about an hour. At the end of the conversation he invited me over to his house on Thursday because he had some "old things from the war that I might want". I was too taken aback to ask what these things might be but it's been driving me crazy ever since! HE also mentioned something about a crash that occured in a town named Limburg in Holland and said something about still knowing people in that town to this day (He married his wife, who is English, in Addlebridge during the war so they go back to Europe at least once a year.) Any of our Dutch board members in that neck of the woods know anything about that area?
    Minister Of Propaganda For Sinister Inc.

"Look! The enemy is inviting us to defeat them! We must oblige them!"

Re: Met the Most Amazing Man Today

Originally posted by Stage
    Through a mutual friend of my parents, today I was introduced to to LT. Edward Kimmel, bombadier of the B-24 Liberator "Mercy Me", 466 bomb group 2nd Division. He was stationed out of Addlebridge, England from Dec. 44 to VE Day. He was suprised that I was interested in WWII and talked with me for about an hour. At the end of the conversation he invited me over to his house on Thursday because he had some "old things from the war that I might want". I was too taken aback to ask what these things might be but it's been driving me crazy ever since! HE also mentioned something about a crash that occured in a town named Limburg in Holland and said something about still knowing people in that town to this day (He married his wife, who is English, in Addlebridge during the war so they go back to Europe at least once a year.) Any of our Dutch board members in that neck of the woods know anything about that area?
    wow! Maybe the "old things" could be donated to a WW2 museum if deemed worthy?

Get some war stories out of this guy and post him here!
    All your ACG posts are belong to us!

Comment

I thought the thread title meant this one was all about me...

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

What a misleading title...

Comment

My apologies Your Sinisterness!:bowdown:

If I were speaking of you I would have said "I met the most most Evil, frightening, and sinister evil genius today and was made to bow down before him, pledge my undying loyalty to him and his cats and to do my my best Tony Blair being savaged by a pack of rabid ferrets routine."
          Minister Of Propaganda For Sinister Inc.

"Look! The enemy is inviting us to defeat them! We must oblige them!"

Comment

Now he's in form!
            "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

My apologies Your Sinisterness!:bowdown:

If I were speaking of you I would have said "I met the most most Evil, frightening, and sinister evil genius today and was made to bow down before him, pledge my undying loyalty to him and his cats and to do my my best Tony Blair being savaged by a pack of rabid ferrets routine."

I hereby award you the Sinister Order of the Brown Nose - FIRST Class.

Dr. S.
              Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Re: Met the Most Amazing Man Today

I'm not Dutch but here is a link about Limburg.

http://www.limburg.nl/
                http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X