Democrats celebrate Reagan's death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats celebrate Reagan's death

No, I’m not saying that this is representative of the democratic party as a whole... although I have my suspicions.

Yes, I am saying that it speaks volumes about a portion of the party and how sick/pathetic these maggots are.

Read it for yourself (at democraticunderground.com)

They started out fairly benign (for them anyways) with comments such as:

"I'll proceed to celebrate the news in private."

But then they launched into their usual sputtering hatred. Go ahead, read it for yourself and be ashamed that these bastards share the same country/planet as you.
    Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Yeah, that's disgusting, but you're rather naive to believe you won't find that sort of behavior on the right side too.

Besides, you could have at least mentioned that there are also a large number expressing their condolences despite disagreement with his policies.
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
      Yeah, that's disgusting, but you're rather naive to believe you won't find that sort of behavior on the right side too.
      Actually, I think you'd be hard pressed to find that type of hatred for a political icon.

Besides, you could have at least mentioned that there are also a large number expressing their condolences despite disagreement with his policies.
      Yeah, media bias is a bitch, eh? Just call me the anti-CNN. Anyhow, I did say 'go and read it' and provided a link. The folks on this board are able to go there and read it... and they're bound to see that one in ten posts are actually civil and heartfelt.

Comment

Is life so bad here in the USA that bitterness is all that can be expressed??? :drool:

A man died and mostly all that can be expressed is hate. :demon:

Where is the compassion for a departed soul?
        Only Tearful, Animal Man Through the Nature of his Being is Destined to
        a Life of Warfare...

Comment

Originally posted by sickpup
          Actually, I think you'd be hard pressed to find that type of hatred for a political icon.

Yeah, media bias is a bitch, eh? Just call me the anti-CNN. Anyhow, I did say 'go and read it' and provided a link. The folks on this board are able to go there and read it... and they're bound to see that one in ten posts are actually civil and heartfelt.
          I'll check back with you on that when Clinton dies (I mean, come on, democrats love him!)

I'll give you credit for admitting that you put a bias in there. But I'll still bet you anything that if you find some extreme right boards that'll you'd find the same disregard for people of the opposite side there.
          “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Ronald Regan was the 3rd best president we had.

1. Lincoln
            2. Eisenhower
            3. Regan

Goodbye Regan

Comment

Good God, these people (for lack of a better word) are crazy!!!!!!!
              They're actualy celebrating this mans death. WTF is wrong with these people??????
              Minister Of Propaganda For Sinister Inc.

"Look! The enemy is inviting us to defeat them! We must oblige them!"

Comment

Re: Democrats celebrate Reagan's death

No, I’m not saying that this is representative of the democratic party as a whole... although I have my suspicions.

Yes, I am saying that it speaks volumes about a portion of the party and how sick/pathetic these maggots are.

Read it for yourself (at democraticunderground.com)

They started out fairly benign (for them anyways) with comments such as:

"I'll proceed to celebrate the news in private."

But then they launched into their usual sputtering hatred. Go ahead, read it for yourself and be ashamed that these bastards share the same country/planet as you.
                I am amazed at the animosity and ranker that the Dems show for Reagan and Bush 43. It is embarrassing to think what their party used to stand for... and see what they have become.

Like Reagan said when a reporter asked him why he left the Democratic Party. His answer was I didn't leave the Democratic Party, it left me...

God bless RR. His humor and endless optimism will be greatly missed.

Brad
                "We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free."- Ronald Reagan at the D-Day Anniversary

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...7/fe0df62e.jpg

Comment

While you are probably right, I would say there are less of them since the "counterculture" thing is still stronger on the left and the counterculture is what leads to this kind of thing, not "leftism".
                  Besides, you could have at least mentioned that there are also a large number expressing their condolences despite disagreement with his policies. [/B][/QUOTE]
                  You are right, and that point should be acknowledged.

My guess is that the mainline of the Democratic Party would disassociate themselves with this kind of site, it they even know about it. This is a fringe element -- and a sick fringe element at that.

JS
                  Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                  Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                  http://www.mormon.org
                  http://www.sca.org
                  http://www.scv.org/
                  http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

Originally posted by nreese21
                    Ronald Regan was the 3rd best president we had.

1. Lincoln
                    2. Eisenhower
                    3. Regan

Goodbye Regan
                    My list would differ significantly from yours, but President Reagan would be in the top 3 -- for me he was almost certainly be on top.

JS

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:

Comment

Democrats celebrate Reagan's death

Hey, man - it figures.
                      Gus

Comment

Originally posted by Janos
                        My guess is that the mainline of the Democratic Party would disassociate themselves with this kind of site, it they even know about it. This is a fringe element -- and a sick fringe element at that.

JS
                        Well, I think we need to define “fringe” in this situation. I tend to think of fringe as the outlying areas. As a result, you would think a web site that caters to the fringe would have fairly moderate or low traffic. Unfortunately, this is not the case with democraticunderground.com.

As disconcerting as it is, a quick Alexa search tells us that:

The site is ranked 6,016 out of sites on the entire Internet. They even flirted with the 2,000 mark last January. To put that in perspective armchairgeneral.com is ranked 511,792 (but growing like a weed! Hoo-ah!), drudgereport.com is ranked 389, msnbc.com is ranked 752. Heck, the Air Force site (af.mil) is ranked only 4,342. Well… you get the picture.

Here’s the more disturbing info: The official democratic site (dng.org) is ranked only 17,898. So, democraticunderground is a lot more popular. The official green party site (greenpartyus.org) is ranked 154,688.

People who visit the site also visit: democrats.com, Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, 21st Century Democrats, National Jewish Democratic Council, Senate Democratic Leadership, Congressional Progressive Caucus.

Again, I’m not saying that the entire democratic party is composed of maggots like those found on DU. However, I do think the sick and twisted outlooks found on that site are much more prevalent within the party than most folks want to believe.

Do what you will with this data… I’m just not so sure we can dismiss these goobers as being the fringe elements.

Comment

Considering that Dems don't have computers to the degree most Pubs do...

...I believe the argument would be unverifyable.

Most Dems don't think about what the parties for. They simply flock to who will make them feel best, or provide them the most.

I find few Pubs that don't know what their partys for.

Bear in mind that I'm saying this as an "unaffiliated with any party".

I am somewhat conservative on a national level & move left the closer you get to my front door. To call me a lib. or con. would be inaccurate. To call me mod. would not be correct because I do not sit on the fence.

It is certainly sad that people seek out every opp to make hay on such occasion.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Yeah, but how of those people that visit the site are the ones that inappropriately post on the forums and hold that attitude?

You're looking at one thread, with x number of people posting fairly disgusting things. The thing is that x isn't very big, and if that many people go to the site to make it ranked that high, that x isn't very telling of either the people that go to the site, or the people in the party as a whole (which thankfully I'm not in).

You're making a very small population representative of the whole without much evidence. This is what we call bias in statistics.

So yes, these people saying this are fringe. Now what is disappointing is that the moderators aren't dealing with the issue in a respectful manner.

Here's an idea, discuss your disappointment and disgust of the people who did it, not those who haven't done anything but have a different viewpoint than you.

Comment

The site is ranked 6,016 out of sites on the entire Internet. They even flirted with the 2,000 mark last January. To put that in perspective armchairgeneral.com is ranked 511,792 (but growing like a weed! Hoo-ah!), drudgereport.com is ranked 389, msnbc.com is ranked 752. Heck, the Air Force site (af.mil) is ranked only 4,342. Well… you get the picture.
                              I'm still not ready to accept this website as representative of mainline Democrats. I may disagree with them politically (and probably in a good number of other ways), but it is inconceivable to me that they would celebrate a man's death -- no matter who he is.

JS

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X