X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JAMiAM
    replied
    Hi,

I don't want to stoke the fire here. Just let me say that I'm not overly offended that Marines (and others) got so irate. It's very understandable, as each of those who did take offense are active duty personnel, and mistakenly drew the impression, from my own lack of clarity in my argument, that I was somehow disrespecting the sacrifice of members of the Armed Services. I was not, and as I noted in my apology thread, I have nothing but the utmost respect for their dedication and sacrifice.

What I have been trying (seemingly without success) to do, in both of the "Tillman" threads, is to draw attention to the media manipulations that they, and so many others are IMNSHO are falling for. If I've been undiplomatic in my implication that they are allowing themselves, even more than the supposedly liberal press, to become tools of the administration, then I apologize for not doing a better job of sugar-coating it.

If you disagree with my assertions, I welcome debate on those points. If I have been too caustic, then I welcome the smackdown on that count, as well. If you think that I've attacked you, in a personal fashion, call me on it, and I will either apologize, or try to reformulate my arguments in a more palatable form. Though we are all presumably adults here, every one of us has, at times, allowed the heat of the moment to overwhelm our otherwise good sense. I am certainly no exception to this.

Finally, in Marines' defense, the popup settings on this board are notoriously unreliable in notifying users of private messages awaiting them. I know that I've missed out on the timeliness of several notices in my time here.

Regards,

James A Mathews (JAMiAM)

Leave a comment:

• Mantis
    replied
    I sent a PM to Marines right after he posted this, asking him if he thought it was a wise move, as it's rather provocative, intentional or no.

I'm a tad disappointed that I've not recevied a reply, but he was inactive for 20 minutes when I checked his online status, so it's possible that he returned to the computer and simply shut it down, never seeing my PM.

My suggestion for thid thread is to simply ignore it.

Leave a comment:

• Patrocles
    replied
    I'm sorry for starting the whole thing by posting the thread.

However, I only get upset when the namecalling and starts.

Also, I'm frightened if person does not like a particular topic then this type of behaviour will be used to shutdown down a thread!

That's all i have to say on the subject. Please email directly if you care to comment on this issue to avoid taking up space on the ACG forum.

Thanks!
    -Patrick

Leave a comment:

• Doctor Sinister
    replied
    I believe I was one of the people who complained about the levels of anger that were appearing in the original thread in question.

It's not really my place to speak here but, in my opinion, your posting, containing as it does criticism of another member, threatens to just bring the whole argument out into the open again. Couldn't this have just been sent as a Private Message to Brian instead of a general announcement to the whole community?

I just don't want to see the whole thing spilling over again - that's all.

Dr. S.

Leave a comment:

• Marines
    started a topic To Brian king

To Brian king

OK, time for a breather here. Im shutting this thread down.
    We are pretty tolerant here, and I hate to ever get involved in heated threads, but one of our primary rules here is to not make personal attacks against anyone. I've had a couple complaints about the level of anger in this thread...and so I'm cooling it down.
    I would like to honestly thank you for shutting it down before I became more enraged. Left or right of the political spectrum most people have forgotten or even disregard the sacrifices we have made for this nation be it Vietnam, Iraq and so on. It just really pisses me off that some people think that this is a political tetherball to bat around while disregarding what those of us have done and to the others who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Most of you know my position: Moderate...I lean more left than right. But that post was just in bad form, it made me sick (JAMiAM)

Thank you moderators for not booting me.

Semper Fi

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X