X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Prices Soar To Record Level

Time to dump the SUV and ride a bike

excerpt>>
    Crude-oil futures closed above $42 per barrel Tuesday for the first time ever on the New York Mercantile Exchange, with traders viewing fresh violence in Saudi Arabia as a threat to output from the world's largest oil producer.

Though Saudi officials took pains to emphasize that production was not affected, concerns over disruptions to global oil supply surfaced after a weekend terror attack killed 22 people, mostly foreign oil workers, in Saudi Arabia.

"In the very least, [the attack] represents an increased threat to a vital supply source," said Michael Fitzpatrick, an analyst at Fimat USA, in a note to clients.

Crude for July delivery peaked at $42.38 per barrel on Nymex. It closed up $2.45, or 6.1 percent, at $42.33 -- the highest closing level in the 21-year history of Nymex futures trading.

Story

_______
    The real distinction is between those who adapt their purposes to reality and those who seek to mold reality in the light of their purposes.
    -Henry Kissinger
    I hate it when I see one of those road signs that says "Draw Bridge Ahead" and I don't have a pencil.
    -Lou Chiafullo

Vacation plans probably won't be changed (gas prices) but it will cost a small fortune in gas just to get there. Good thing I don't live far from work.:sleep: :sleep:
    B. FETT

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas McPeek
      Vacation plans probably won't be changed (gas prices) but it will cost a small fortune in gas just to get there. Good thing I don't live far from work.:sleep: :sleep:
      It's all lies. It's still only 250 dinars (2 cents) a liter here in Iraq.

JS
      Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
      Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
      http://www.mormon.org
      http://www.sca.org
      http://www.scv.org/
      http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Janos
        It's all lies. It's still only 250 dinars (2 cents) a liter here in Iraq.

JS
        Would you be so kind as to mail me 1000 gallons....
        Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

You think FedEx would have a problem overnighting a 55-gal barrel? It's still be cheaper...
          If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

This is all I need - fuel is already expensive enough over here as it is. In some London filling stations, petrol is now Ł1.00 a litre.

There's already talk about protestors blockading the refineries like they did a few years ago. It's going to be a great summer (not).

Dr. S.
            Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

2 cents a litre?

We're paying a buck a litre in Canada!

:bang:

Boys, time for a little excursion to Iraq to top up! Send in the boys!

:armed: :armed: :armed:

Don't get in my way, I need this gas to get to the beer store!

Ok, my men now control the reserves... Prices will now be calculated in PPLs. (Pints Per Litre)

All proceeds will be swiftly consumed.

By the power vested in me by the Province of Alberta, and the State of Intoxication, I now pronounce me Supreme Leader of the World.

We will now join together and sing the World Anthem:

The Beer Prayer

Our lager,

Which art in barrels,

Hallowed be thy drink.

Thy Will be drunk,

(I will be drunk),

At home as in the tavern.

Give us this day our foamy head,

And forgive us our spillages,

As we forgive those who spill against us.

And lead us not to incarceration,

But deliver us from hangovers.

For thine is the beer, The bitter and The lager.

Forever and ever,

Barmen

:demon:
              "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Damn you Shane, you beat me to using the new Smilies!!

:armed:

Dr. S.
                Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Re: Oil Prices Soar To Record Level

Originally posted by Geeky Nerd
                  Time to dump the SUV and ride a bike

excerpt>>
                  Crude-oil futures closed above $42 per barrel Tuesday for the first time ever on the New York Mercantile Exchange, with traders viewing fresh violence in Saudi Arabia as a threat to output from the world's largest oil producer.

Though Saudi officials took pains to emphasize that production was not affected, concerns over disruptions to global oil supply surfaced after a weekend terror attack killed 22 people, mostly foreign oil workers, in Saudi Arabia.

"In the very least, [the attack] represents an increased threat to a vital supply source," said Michael Fitzpatrick, an analyst at Fimat USA, in a note to clients.

Crude for July delivery peaked at $42.38 per barrel on Nymex. It closed up $2.45, or 6.1 percent, at $42.33 -- the highest closing level in the 21-year history of Nymex futures trading.

Story

_______
                  The real distinction is between those who adapt their purposes to reality and those who seek to mold reality in the light of their purposes.
                  -Henry Kissinger
                  Gas prices have actually dropped a bit in the NW U.S. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep falling. OPEC would be cutting their own throats if they keep prices artificially high! Besides that I don't want the environmentalist to win with fuel-efficient cars, fuel-cell cars, solar power, windpower, etc!

new smilies b/c I can us 'em! :demon: :bang: :armed:
                  All your ACG posts are belong to us!

Comment

I think I actually beat you both... ::checks::
                    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

yep, my time stamp wins http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...&threadid=2042

“To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Crap!!!!

I'm not an NCO anymore, I'm an officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
                          yep, my time stamp wins http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...&threadid=2042

Oh, so you did.

That'll be why you've been promoted then.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Taken from http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...itain_gasoline

"...In Britain, the Automobile Association said the average cost of unleaded gasoline was about $5.79 a gallon Wednesday, an increase of 14 cents from Tuesday.

But some filling stations were charging more than $6.31 per gallon for unleaded fuel and one, Total Gas in west London, was selling super unleaded for $7.93..."

Granted (reading on) taxes are $3.30 of it, but still...

I'd be going GTA on people if I had to pay that in the US per gallon. If it starts hitting $5 a gallon here, we need to invade Mexico and Venezuela and start glaring at Canada menacingly
                            If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Hmm, maybe I'll start a ring of gas thieves....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X