Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something To Ponder

Hello all you happy people

Do y'all remember the old Disney movie Alice in Wonderland? I saw it the other day, and it made me think about the real theme of the story. DRUGS LOL. Seriously, It seemed like lil old Alice was popping pills. She was taking pills that made her taller, shorter, and made her halliginate. What was with the chesser cat? LOL

I have to much to much time on my hands :-D :crazy:
    Govenour Of Texas and all southern provinces. Kepper Of The Holy Woodchipper.

Re: Something To Ponder

Originally posted by Jeremy Scott
    I have to much to much time on my hands :-D :crazy:
    I'll second that. :thumb:
    "Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for"
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching"

Comment

*blinks*

Through the Looking Glass was about drugs.

So by transitive property, the movie was about drugs.

If I remember correctly, like many other authors of the time, Lewis Carroll was a fan of opium.
      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Seriously folks... does anyone think that Alice In Wonderland came from someone who's mind was NOT in an altered state... and I DON"T mean one too many cups of coffee.

Laudnum was fairly inexpensive and available over the counter in Carroll's day.

Comment

The big three among the turn of the century London Intelligentsia and Literati were Opium (smoked), Cocaine (usually injected) and Nitrous Oxide (inhaled).
          I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Originally posted by RetPara
            Seriously folks... does anyone think that Alice In Wonderland came from someone who's mind was NOT in an altered state... and I DON"T mean one too many cups of coffee.

Laudnum was fairly inexpensive and available over the counter in Carroll's day.
            Carroll also had a bit of the mad genius, too. At university had to read bits about references in Carroll's work to stereochemistry and chiral compounds!? wtf?!
            All your ACG posts are belong to us!

Comment

Lewis Carroll was a genius there's no doubt about that. In my personal field, he laid an impressive amount of ground work in the area of rational choice and voting methods.
              “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by JAMiAM
                The big three among the turn of the century London Intelligentsia and Literati were Opium (smoked), Cocaine (usually injected) and Nitrous Oxide (inhaled).
                Nitrous oxide? Is this similar to the gas used by illegal street racers to boost their cars' speed?

______
                Everything you can imagine is real.
                -Pablo Picasso
                I hate it when I see one of those road signs that says "Draw Bridge Ahead" and I don't have a pencil.
                -Lou Chiafullo

Comment

Originally posted by Geeky Nerd
                  Nitrous oxide? Is this similar to the gas used by illegal street racers to boost their cars' speed?

______
                  Everything you can imagine is real.
                  -Pablo Picasso
                  Yes, it's the exact same thing. It is also used in Dentist's offices as an anaesthetic. Also, as the propellant in Whipping Cream cans, and dispensers.

I'd caution against trying to get high off of the Nitrous Oxide that is sold for automotive use, as it usually has an additive that is most unpleasant.
                  I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Originally posted by JAMiAM
                    Yes, it's the exact same thing. It is also used in Dentist's offices as an anaesthetic. Also, as the propellant in Whipping Cream cans, and dispensers.

I'd caution against trying to get high off of the Nitrous Oxide that is sold for automotive use, as it usually has an additive that is most unpleasant.

Probably explains why these drivers are such speed demons.

_______
                    The last time somebody said, 'I find I can write much better with a word processor.', I replied, 'They used to say the same thing about drugs.'
                    -Roy Blount Jr.
                    I hate it when I see one of those road signs that says "Draw Bridge Ahead" and I don't have a pencil.
                    -Lou Chiafullo

Comment

I think I read somewhere that Carroll was an opium addict.

JS
                      Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                      Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                      http://www.mormon.org
                      http://www.sca.org
                      http://www.scv.org/
                      http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse