Aliens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aliens

I know this is well off topic of what we normally post here but I had to throw my 2 cents in. I recently became a member of the ebay community and have found items I would have never seen anywhere else. Now I am a true Alien saga nut it is the only sci-fi series I have ever loved (Aliens is the greatest of the quadrilogy).

I recently bought one of the very few left remaining pre-production scripts as well as a signed photo by S. Weaver right after filming was completed. I am currently bidding on a movie poster signed by the cast and crew during the premiere of the movie in Hollywood.

To all the true saga fans out there I highly recommend ebay.

Semper Fi

Re: Aliens

Originally posted by Marines
    I know this is well off topic of what we normally post here but I had to throw my 2 cents in. I recently became a member of the ebay community and have found items I would have never seen anywhere else. Now I am a true Alien saga nut it is the only sci-fi series I have ever loved (Aliens is the greatest of the quadrilogy).

I recently bought one of the very few left remaining pre-production scripts as well as a signed photo by S. Weaver right after filming was completed. I am currently bidding on a movie poster signed by the cast and crew during the premiere of the movie in Hollywood.

To all the true saga fans out there I highly recommend ebay.

Semper Fi
    Good luck Marines!

I hope you do get the movie poster...

And if you wonder who outbidded you, look no further!

Seriously, good luck!

Tried to look myself for the script for Leon...
    "To know the weapons the enemy has is already to beat them!"

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-photo-vf213-01l.jpg

Comment

I've been a member of eBay for quite a few years. Have bought and sold stuff and it was always a pleasure except for two times. I also recommend eBay but be careful who you deal with and ask questions before you buy. Specially when what you are bidding for is an "original" of something.
      http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

A good thing to look out for is the Aliens Colonial Marine Technical Manual by Lee-Brimmicombe Wood awesome little book. I had a chance of buying it when I was like 8 but was broke. Its hard to find now.
        The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Speaking of 'Aliens', could somebody tell me why futuristic soldiers will never ever have sleeves? Their shirts don't have sleeves, their armor doesn't have sleeves... dija ever think they could get shot in the arm, or that their Day-Glo white skin would give them away trying to hide in a dark room? Yes, it shows off your muscles, but come on! Are soldiers that cheap in the future?

But seriously, those heartbeat sensors are cool.
          "You realize that if I could actually purchase a weapon, I would stab you with it now?" --Roy, Order of the Stick #136

Governor of South Florida, Cuba, Louisiana, Manhattan, Hawaii, Illinois, Moon and Mars. Chief of Cybernetics Div., S.INC

Comment

They were motion detectors, and their uniforms had sleeves but they rolled them up... we're supposed to wear BDU's with the sleeves rolled up but in the desert I would leave 'em down.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...&threadid=1709
            The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Comment

Having worn a suit of USCM armor, it's so bulky it's useless for anything but 'on-your-feet' combat. You can barely lay in it and getting up and down is quite difficult in it. It's more like a futuristic flak vest in function rather than armor per se, though I'm certain it could stop a pistol round, but not a smart-gun, pulse rifle, or sniper rifle round.
              If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bariman
                Speaking of 'Aliens', could somebody tell me why futuristic soldiers will never ever have sleeves? Their shirts don't have sleeves, their armor doesn't have sleeves... dija ever think they could get shot in the arm, or that their Day-Glo white skin would give them away trying to hide in a dark room? Yes, it shows off your muscles, but come on! Are soldiers that cheap in the future?

Having worn a set of the original uniforms - I can confirm that they did have sleeves. They obviously just chose to roll them up.

*EDIT* - Oh, I see you've posted a link to my picture that demonstrates this nicely.

Dr. S.
                Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by chrisvalla
                  Having worn a suit of USCM armor, it's so bulky it's useless for anything but 'on-your-feet' combat. You can barely lay in it and getting up and down is quite difficult in it. It's more like a futuristic flak vest in function rather than armor per se, though I'm certain it could stop a pistol round, but not a smart-gun, pulse rifle, or sniper rifle round.
                  According to the book I mentioned above (he goes into very exact detail, though strange it is) the armor can stop everything up to a smartgun round... Any normal guns and pulse rifles are stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Bariman

Why in the Forever War they wore powered armor and in Starship Troopers (The book mind you) they wore powered armor.

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
                      Why in the Forever War they wore powered armor and in Starship Troopers (The book mind you) they wore powered armor.
                      My favourite chapter in Starship Troopers is the first one where they are attacking the "Skinnies" and you see the full range of options available to a combat soldier wearing a set of armour...

In TFW they had laser fingers and viewscreens built into their helmets - and the waldos on the hands could easily crush rock without any effort, or much feedback to the wearer - I seem to recall a scene where one of the NCOs demonstrates how to shake hands with a suit on.

This thread seems to be expanding enormously all of a sudden.

Dr. S.
                      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

My favorite chapter in Starship Troopers was when he spent the entire chapter describing how power armor works!
                        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
                          My favorite chapter in Starship Troopers was when he spent the entire chapter describing how power armor works!
                          Yeah that was basic but neat...

Comment

Get ready boys for Aliens vs. Predator which is due out in August. I have to say that I was very angry about the plot and special effects used in A4 Resurrection (It sucked ass, made by a Frenchman) I just hope AvP is done a whole lot better.

Semper Fi

Comment

Land Warrior & Objective Force Warrior

Seeing the words Powered Armor, jogged a brain cell about an article i read about "Land Warrior".

Land Warrior (LW) is a first generation modular, integrated fighting system for the individual infantryman and those soldiers in the close fight supporting the infantry. The LW system includes everything the dismounted soldier wears and carries integrated into a close combat fighting system which enhances his tactical awareness, lethality, and survivability. The LW System is composed of 5 integrated subsystems: Weapon Subsystem, Helmet Subsystem, Computer/Radio Subsystem (CRS), Software Subsystem, and Protective Clothing and Individual Equipment Subsystem. LW is intended for use by all five types of infantry: Ranger, Airborne, Air Assault, Light and Mechanized. LW will integrate the dismounted warfighter into the Army's digitized battlefield network. It is anticipated that all infantrymen at company level and below will be equipped with Land Warrior systems. LW, with its heads-up data display, will allow infantrymen to call up maps, send messages and request fire support, all by clicking a mouse. Video and thermal image capability connected to their M-4 carbines will allow them to "see" and shoot around corners.
                              Which led me to "The U.S. Army’s Objective Force Warrior".

The goal is to develop a high-tech soldier with 20 times the capability of today's warrior and to have that soldier commissioned by about 2010. With advanced technologies, the Army plans to create an overmatch and greatly minimize danger to its soldiers. Innovative technologies would allow a soldier to engage and destroy the enemy at longer ranges with greater precision and with devastating results. Technologies that would make that possible include better communications devices, advanced situational awareness software, chem-bio detection and protection, advanced weapons, and protective equipment. Fatigues and the flak jacket of the past, for example, would be replaced by a system designed to protect a soldier and provide hemorrhage control in case a bullet penetrates. The helmet of the future warrior might be a sealed unit that contains communications, vision enhancements, a laser for target ranging and a heads-up display. While many of the technologies to make the Objective Force Warrior a reality are maturing today, several others, called "breakthrough technologies," have yet to be developed. These include advanced fuel cells, exoskeletons, directed energy lethal and non-lethal weapons, and lethal robotics. The exoskeleton would augment the strength of a soldier and enhance mobility, speed, endurance, range and load-carrying capabilities.
                              Sci-Fi, ya gotta luv it. :bowdown:

Go here for the complete articles.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...nd-warrior.htm

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ground/ofw.htm
                              Attached Files
                              Only Tearful, Animal Man Through the Nature of his Being is Destined to
                              a Life of Warfare...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X