Will Libya leave the Arab league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Libya leave the Arab league?

Colonel Gaddafi (why is he only a Colonel, he's in charge of the whole damned country!) has walked out of an Arab League meeting after a row about the agenda.

Is this further proof that Libya wants closer ties with the west and that the former rogue state really is turning over a new leaf?

Let's hope so.

Gaddafi walks out of Arab summit

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

I found it interesting the story I read on CNN said that he walked out when one of the other leaders was making a speech against Arab leaders acting unilaterally, and that this was a veiled comment against Libya's renunciation of its WMD program.
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
      I found it interesting the story I read on CNN said that he walked out when one of the other leaders was making a speech against Arab leaders acting unilaterally, and that this was a veiled comment against Libya's renunciation of its WMD program.
      Yeah, the Arabs like to have strong leaders amongst their number - they probably thought it was cool that they had a mate who had WMDs and now they are gutted that he's renounced them. I expect at the very least they were hoping they'd get his hand-me-downs.

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
        Yeah, the Arabs like to have strong leaders amongst their number - they probably thought it was cool that they had a mate who had WMDs and now they are gutted that he's renounced them. I expect at the very least they were hoping they'd get his hand-me-downs.

Dr. S.
        For years, he was untrusworthy. Supported terrorism. I only hope it isn't a ploy. Wouldn't want to see bombers over Tripoli like in 1986. Well......
        http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

It's nothing new for the AL to squabble amongst themselves. They will kiss and make up eventually.:crazy:
          http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Kadaffi will always do his own thing,Anyone else remember when he stormed out of the "unaligned nations" meeting a few years back?
            Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Its just a repeat of his past actions.

He'll be back and they will all be happy together againg.

Mark
              Deo Vindice
              Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you want peace, prepare for war.)

Comment

Re: Will Libya leave the Arab league?

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
                Colonel Gaddafi (why is he only a Colonel, he's in charge of the whole damned country!) has walked out of an Arab League meeting after a row about the agenda.

Is this further proof that Libya wants closer ties with the west and that the former rogue state really is turning over a new leaf?

Let's hope so.

Gaddafi walks out of Arab summit

Dr. S.
                Qaddafi wants only what he feels will profit him the most, and will swing with the wind to whomever he believes will do him the most good. As for the Arab League, I don't expect that he much cares, so it is possble he will withdraw. I'm not certain that he know what he wants, having emerged from international pariah status only recently. He is not really worth paying much attention to.
                Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Re: Re: Will Libya leave the Arab league?

Originally posted by hogdriver
                  Qaddafi wants only what he feels will profit him the most, and will swing with the wind to whomever he believes will do him the most good. As for the Arab League, I don't expect that he much cares, so it is possble he will withdraw. I'm not certain that he know what he wants, having emerged from international pariah status only recently. He is not really worth paying much attention to.
                  A year ago, I would have agreed with you - i.e. don't bother paying any attention to him, but I think it's different now. As a result of the fact that he has supposedly turned over a new leaf, we should attempt to show him and other nations that there are great benefits to joining us in the struggle agaqinst international terrorism. After all, this is a battle for hearts and minds as much as anything else.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X