Kerry's Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry's Record

Maybe not worth another thread, but I didn't feel like dragging up and old topic for it. A friend of my family served on the PBRs in Vietnam (I forget what year[s]) and said he's been looking into Kerry's record, and talking to a bunch of his veteran friends, and they all seem to think he's legit. Keep in mind, all of them swore by Bush for a long time, so this isn't the liberal swing I'm sure most of you want to jump to.

As a side note, he has some great stories about when he was over there (including one where he was issued a recoiless rifle as his personal weapon...)
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

One of his former CO's said he is full of s**t. I will try to find the interview text if I can. The thing that blew my mind was that his first purple heart was awarded for a scratch that was akin to a deep fingernail gouge as stated by his former CO. FYI I was thinking of voting for him when he first started his champaign but no longer. FYI again...He voted against a bill for increased funding for our troops in Iraq which included Mk 3 Intercepter body armor (Plates) which most of us including me did not have. If he had gotten his way I and many others would have been killed over there (I was hit 3 times in my frontal plate by 7.62x39 rounds fired by a AK-47).

"I actually voted for it before I didn't vote for it."
    Kerry on his no vote for increased funding for our troops

Semper Fi

Comment

Well, I want it be understood that I'm not saying I necessarily side with him on a lot of things (although I personally feel this empty bottle of water sitting next to me would be better than bush), but I just thought I'd post the perspective of a few Bush supporting PBR vets...
      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X