Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL - Favorite Handgun

Hey people

Here is my first poll. Hope it works. What is your personal preferance on Handguns? Which model and why?
    S&W .357
    0.00%
    Glock .40 Cal
    0.00%
    Colt 1911 .45 Cal
    100.00%
    S&W .38 Cal
    0.00%
    Berretta 9mm
    0.00%
    Targus .357
    0.00%
    Glock 9mm
    0.00%
    S&W .22 Cal
    0.00%
    S&W .44 Magnum
    0.00%
    Other
    0.00%
    Govenour Of Texas and all southern provinces. Kepper Of The Holy Woodchipper.

M1911A1 ......best military handgun ever.
    Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I have to add my agreement - M1911A1

Comment

I had to vote Beretta 9mm. I just like it. Can't really explain it.

Dr. S.
        Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Doc for giving your thoughts. If this is successful Im gonna put new polls up every couple of days.

I put down for the S&W .357 just cause it was what I learned to shoot with as a kid. That and the Targus .38

Comment

Originally posted by jdscott7280
            Thanks Doc for giving your thoughts. If this is successful Im gonna put new polls up every couple of days.

I put down for the S&W .357 just cause it was what I learned to shoot with as a kid. That and the Targus .38
            Sigh.

(Sinister doings to one side) We don't get to do things like that in the UK. We are deprived on account of them being illegal. I've never handled any of the guns in your poll, only replicas. My Beretta 9mm was always my favourite replica though. But that'll be illegal soon and I'll have to turn it in.

Heavier sigh.

Dr. S.
            Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

All joking aside sir, why not lobby your representative in the house of commons to make them legal. We have concealed handgun laws and the such. It is such a pitty that a country with such a glorious past devoted to handguns, rifles, and the such has come to the point of them not being allowed for personal use.
              I guess that is why we Americans have it written in our constitution and have other laws that protect it.

Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by jdscott7280
                All joking aside sir, why not lobby your representative in the house of commons to make them legal. We have concealed handgun laws and the such. It is such a pitty that a country with such a glorious past devoted to handguns, rifles, and the such has come to the point of them not being allowed for personal use.
                I guess that is why we Americans have it written in our constitution and have other laws that protect it.

Jeremy
                A nice thought - but there's fat chance of it happening. Doubtful that an MP would even consider taking it on, let alone arguing it in the House. Even less chance of him succeeding.

You might like to take a wander over to the re-enacting forum where my erstwhile friend and colleague Roach has written quite a few words on the gun situation over here in the "WWII GI Pictures - Batch 2" thread. He's in a worse situation than me - the guns he HAD have been taken away. At least I'll never know what I'm missing.

Ironically - we are now in a situation where, despite all firearms being BANNED, gun crime is on the increase. Figure that one out.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Colt .45 but the Makarov 9mm Russian is a very nice weapon as well.
                  The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Sig Sauer P229 10mm

My service pistol and trusted companion
                    http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
                      ...Ironically - we are now in a situation where, despite all firearms being BANNED, gun crime is on the increase. Figure that one out.

Dr. S.

See, when there are laws that guns are illegal, the law-abiding citizens will obey the laws. The criminals--by definition--break the laws.
                      "You realize that if I could actually purchase a weapon, I would stab you with it now?" --Roy, Order of the Stick #136

Governor of South Florida, Cuba, Louisiana, Manhattan, Hawaii, Illinois, Moon and Mars. Chief of Cybernetics Div., S.INC

Comment

Best one I've fired: H&K USP Tactical .45
                        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Handguns are tools. There are special applications for many.

My personal first was a Dan Wesson .357 w/4in barrel. Used to reload some hot rounds that punched through engine blocks.

The Ruger .22 auto HB target pistol for practice.

Ruger .44 cal cap&ball for fun!

For backup/secondary weapon I would prefer a 9MM Beretta or a 10mm if the ammo is available.

For concealed carry a small Beretta .380. (Doesn't impact the cut of clothes with a 'unsightly' bulge.

Comment

Colt M1911A1 or Sig Saur P226 or Browning Hipower. All good guns.

Cheers!

Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

I know all to well of the position of the UK when it comes to personal ownership of firearms. And my friend Dr. S is correct 100% when it comes to the fact that England has one of the highest rates of criminal gun violence in Europe even though firearms are banned (Hell the last time I heard they don't even have a Olympic shooting team anymore). Now I live in Texas (No jokes please and I don't wear a cowboy hat and no I do not have an accent, I was raised in Maryland) and a have a concealed hand gun permit for my home state, violent crime committed against people in Texas has fallen over 40% because of it.

To dannybou:

Sig makes some of the finest hand guns in the world however they are way to expensive for me to purchase...I own a Glock 19.

Best one I've fired: H&K USP Tactical .45:thumb:

The only other handgun I own is a Model 1911 .45 made in 1913. It was used in WWI, WWII and then by the early ATF agents in the 20's and 30's to combat the mafia.

Semper Fi

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X