Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French Lawyer to sue the UK for "War Crimes".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Lawyer to sue the UK for "War Crimes".

This one takes the biscuit.

Saddam's Lawyer is to sue the UK in The Hague for alleged "War Crimes" because of alleged mistreatment of Iraqi POWs.

He can't sue the US because they haven't signed up to the International Courts.

This is DESPITE the UK Government today announcing that the alleged photos of British troops mistreating Iraqi prisoners are "categorically" fakes.

A link:

French Lawyer to sue UK for "War Crimes"

I'm so angry, I am going to go and dust off the Mauve Button.

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

What do you expect?? DOn't want to offend anyone, but he is a lawyer!?!?!?!?!?!? :crazy:
    http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Must be the french participation in the war.:crazy:
      Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speakup and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by dannybou
        What do you expect?? DOn't want to offend anyone, but he is a lawyer!?!?!?!?!?!? :crazy:
        No offence taken here - I have a personal animosity for Lawyers.

Shakespeare said "Kill all the Lawyers" - can't remember which play though. I'm in full agreement with him.

Dr. S.
        Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by HOOP102
          Must be the french participation in the war.:crazy:
          Sounds about right to me.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I guess this nonsense will tie up the hague for quite some time. If you can't beat them in battle, take'em to court.:crazy:
            Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speakup and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister

Shakespeare said "Kill all the Lawyers" - can't remember which play though. I'm in full agreement with him.

Dr. S.
              Henry VI Part II Act 4 Scene 2

Dick: "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
              Boston Strong!

Comment

Originally posted by JSMoss
                Henry VI Part II Act 4 Scene 2

Dick: "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
                Excellent, thanks. :thumb:

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Re: French Lawyer to sue the UK for "War Crimes".

This one takes the biscuit.

Saddam's Lawyer is to sue the UK in The Hague for alleged "War Crimes" because of alleged mistreatment of Iraqi POWs.

He can't sue the US because they haven't signed up to the International Courts.

This is DESPITE the UK Government today announcing that the alleged photos of British troops mistreating Iraqi prisoners are "categorically" fakes.

A link:

French Lawyer to sue UK for "War Crimes"

I'm so angry, I am going to go and dust off the Mauve Button.

Dr. S.
                  That's why the U.S. hasn't signed any of those treaties. International courts can be too easily abused. The second someone charges the President or Prime Minister of your country and they get some crap verdict, someone might use that for invasion. Of course, what country that supports the court can invade the US, UK, etc. ! So Screw 'EM! :thumb:
                  "Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for"
                  "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching"

Comment

Here's an oldie but a goodie, Q. What do you call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean? A. A damn good start.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger1
                      Here's an oldie but a goodie, Q. What do you call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean? A. A damn good start.....
                      :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger1
                        Q: Why do sharks not attack lawyers?

A: Professional Courtesy.

Cheers!

Attached Files
                        Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

When Shakespeare said, "Kill all the lawyers," does he mean that when you overthrow a government, you kill all those connected with the law so they can't protest the illegality of your actions? Just something I heard somewhere...

Actually, not all lawyers are bad (gasp!.) There is a lawyer I know through church that is a pretty good guy.
                          "You realize that if I could actually purchase a weapon, I would stab you with it now?" --Roy, Order of the Stick #136

Governor of South Florida, Cuba, Louisiana, Manhattan, Hawaii, Illinois, Moon and Mars. Chief of Cybernetics Div., S.INC

Comment

Originally posted by Bariman
                            When Shakespeare said, "Kill all the lawyers," does he mean that when you overthrow a government, you kill all those connected with the law so they can't protest the illegality of your actions? Just something I heard somewhere...

Actually, not all lawyers are bad (gasp!.) There is a lawyer I know through church that is a pretty good guy.
                            ..... for a lawyer!!

Comment

Dr. S.
                              A lawyer or Saddam, that's a tough choice on who to hate more.
                              Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X